Pontoon boats

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting rid of the 14' lund and going to a pontoon boat , probably a 19 footer (looking at a lowe sport fish 194) or a sun tracker.
anybody have any imput? what other kinds to look at-options-hp???

thanks-

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting rid of the 14' lund and going to a pontoon boat , probably a 19 footer (looking at a lowe sport fish 194) or a sun tracker.
anybody have any imput? what other kinds to look at-options-hp???

thanks-

Have a nice 17.5 foot with a 80 hp merc I'd sell ya cheap

sent while I should be drinking tea's

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me personally would not go less than 20 feet and don't shy out on the hp especially of you have kids that might want to ski, tub etc. Princecraft make some nice ones or you could look at glastron deck boats which are nice and roomy!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at them the past couple years and really like the South Bay pontoons.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Tri-toon is the way to go... I rented a nice pontoon boat from Full Speed rentals in Siamous a couple summers ago....140hp four stroke I think.... 26mph and a tad sketchy to turn lol....windy too with no real windshield. I understand the tri-toons handle much more like a v bottom boat... Hope this helps! Cheers!

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My father in law bought a 24' harris tritoon with a big ass outboard on it. (Sorry can't remember what size) anyway, first trip out I am warming up my engine a bit just idleing and he opens his up and I had a hell of a time catching him. Bet ut took me a couple miles.
My boat is a 19.5' four winns with a 5.0l inboard.

Long story short ...that tritoon dangles.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 24' Bentley with a 150 etec and it did about 42 mph. Good luck with turns and hitting top speed in the wind. My new boat is a tri toon with a 300hp super charged merc. Sick power and handling. I highly recomend a tri toon and the bigger the motor the better. But honestly any pontoon is great fun for friends and family

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I won't go with the big and nasty. Just used for the odd fishing trip. Avalon makes some feesable ones as well and uncle bennys in red deer is a dealer.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 22ft sunchasher 8522 with a 115 merc not the fastest boat but does 25 mph according to my gps
best boat I have owned
bit of a pig to get back on its mooring when its windy, buddy has a 20ft with a 75hp and wishes he had at least a 90

Top Bottom