Please help , 09 summit x 163*****

rylester331

Reaction score
Ok so I have been hearing that you can't put a new t-motion kit inside of my Xp rails !! Is this true ?

I also heard that in order to use the new kit you must have rails from 2010 and up, is this true ??

Can a guy just customize the 09 rails to work, if so what has to be done. Is it the shock mount position ??

If this customization can not be done, does anyone have a set of 10 11 rails for sale ??
Thankyou soo much !!

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have been hearing that you can't put a new t-motion kit inside of my Xp rails !! Is this true ?

I also heard that in order to use the new kit you must have rails from 2010 and up, is this true ??

Can a guy just customize the 09 rails to work, if so what has to be done. Is it the shock mount position ??

If this customization can not be done, does anyone have a set of 10 11 rails for sale ??
Thankyou soo much !!

Buddy did his 09 154 with no special mods.......pretty basic upgrade he said

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used t motion for my 10.

The guy tryed to put it in a 09.

The front shock and lower mount for it ( shock is longer ) is the difference. The rails them self don't think are the problem.

With the shorter 08-09 shock it binds and only gets 3/4 of travel.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy did his 09 154 with no special mods.......pretty basic upgrade he said

Ur buddy might have all ready had the 10 upgrade done or Mabe some toms stuff.

Other wise he better check the travel.

rylester331

Reaction score
I just bought a used t motion for my 10.

The guy tryed to put it in a 09.

The front shock and lower mount for it ( shock is longer ) is the difference. The rails them self don't think are the problem.

With the shorter 08-09 shock it binds and only gets 3/4 of travel.

So you are saying that the shock that you get in the kit is. A little bit to long for the bracket mounts and then it binds ?
so what do you think I should do ?
Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 10 and newer had a longer front shock and farther back mount for the longer shock.

Get him to check it cause it will bind and break the shock. There have been lots on dootalk that have

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 08-09 the longer shock and relocate brackets are all that is need to properly install t-motion into it. You can still install it but may run into binding as tex mentioned.

The rail geometry for all the rails is pretty much the same, the 2010+ sleds just have the bottom shock mount in a slightly different location.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm putting mine in my 10 x here in the next month.

The destructions suck and don't make any sense.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have seen from the kits are lots of bent throttle rods. It doesn't appear to cause any negative effects.

sent from a top secret location

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have seen from the kits are lots of bent throttle rods. It doesn't appear to cause any negative effects.

sent from a top secret location
true story That's all I've seen too,My wifes works great no bent parts,but she's light 125 ish/09 146

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did he like it ?? Did he install it him self ?
He loves it said it took his buffalo and made it easy to ride. He also put the S36 kit in and added the new Doo skis. He installed all himself and was an easy swap. I found it a lot easier to ride also. This year I am putting the same stuff into an 2009 that I bought super cheap.

rylester331

Reaction score
He loves it said it took his buffalo and made it easy to ride. He also put the S36 kit in and added the new Doo skis. He installed all himself and was an easy swap. I found it a lot easier to ride also. This year I am putting the same stuff into an 2009 that I bought super cheap.

Oh sweet looks like we are building the same sled !! Is your 09 an 163?? And also try putting in the post forward kit , supposed to be the best 150 bucks spent !! Do you have the t motion orderd yet ??

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh sweet looks like we are building the same sled !! Is your 09 an 163?? And also try putting in the post forward kit , supposed to be the best 150 bucks spent !! Do you have the t motion orderd yet ??
I have ordered everything but I am not doing the post forward kit, my son is. My 09 is only a 154 . Keep me posted on your build and post up some pictures when you are done

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the t-motion and the S36 as well as the spindles and new skis on my09 this week.. NOTE: on mine I had to change the steering column to the 10-12 column as the swing where the tie rods attach are shorter. when the suspension is decompressed the tie rods would hit on the sway bar brackets. So if you have to buy the new steering stem anyway you might as well buy the C3 post forward one in my 2c. I would have bought the C3 but needed to get this done this week so I just grabbed a new column from Martins.

Top Bottom