Performance Chips for Sleds

STOLLER99

Reaction score
well we all pretty much know that these chips are useless, cause if they weren't than everybody would have one, but heres another i heard from a guy at work. A buddy of mine is saying his boss bought two electric turbos for his 05 summit and they will do about 20 hp a piece...apparently this is new technology and wave of the future, now i call bullsh!t but just want some insight next time i see his so i got something to back up my argument...oh and apparently they were only a couple hundred bucks a piece. I know maxwell will have some insight :d:d:d

A buddy of mine at work says his brother has a setup with one of these electric turbos on his cat and he thought it was stupid but says it actually works really well. I think he installed it in the airbox and had to make it air tight and had it on a switch that turned it on at WOT. I'm sure there has to be something on the web of someone doing this.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a moose racing chip in my quad and it makes a big difference on the low end.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah.......why don't they make chips for sleds? Heck, I didn't even know they made them for quads :confused: Sealed unit..?

They say its a sealed unit but they arent! Im on my 3rd chip. this time I sealed all the ports and the edges with silicone myself and it hasnt failed me yet. They dont like being under water every other ride if you dont seal them with silicone I have found.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why do the chips work on quads and not sleds? Kinda got me confused.

I think it's a two-stroke vs four-stroke thing. You can drastically change the engine character of a four stroke engine through ignition timing and fuel metering, whereas a two stroke likes to have it's ignition and fuel delivered in a very specific way otherwise it runs like a bag of crap. Two-smoke builders have it figured out pretty well right out of the factory and the only time you need to tinker with them is when you start adding performance mods. Four-strokes (especially quads) come from the factory in a pretty mild state of tune for reliability purposes and this is why you can achieve some pretty significant power gains using performance chips as some of us have claimed.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think that with sleds being fuel injected now, it should be pretty straight forward, even on a 2-stroke.

Top Bottom