Performace add ons for RT 1000

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i didn't know the mid map raised the hp. That makes more sense now. I had a hard time understanding how some people could state how they were running 200 with a pipe, can and boondocker. Then again some measure hp by the sound of a can.:d

do you have to mix fuel with high altitude domes you run?

Thanks for the help

ya, if it's over the 13.5:1 then you're mixing.....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YOU'RE STILL RUNNING THE STOCK SUITCASE SIZED MUFFLER:eek::eek::eek:

Hey ric, the nos was put on by big thunder nitrous and clutching by Dunn and sled was dynoed for best hp with stock pipe and can. They said they would keep this set up unless I would be doing some porting and stuff, so I left it. I would like to lighten it up but for this winter I will leave it, I am just waiting for my fuel pressure gauge to come in for it.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was also told by the dealer that if the sled runs good to leave it, because I went there to get mid alt map installed and my sled is 06 mach zx and that what he said..

Shankster

Reaction score
First off if people have you scared about turbo-ing these sleds ....don't be! I have an 2007 1000 x package sled that works extremely well! Here's what it's got

1. Aerocharger 66 Turbo to replace the crazy can on the side
2. Attitude EFI controller
3. Air fuel gauge so I know what the engines doing
4. Fett clutch components
5. A pile of hood vents
6. A yz 80 battery with the headlight fuse pulled...lose 14lbs from the stock battery
7. Zbros lightweight front end and shocks...which makes this thing handle fabulous

I just picked the sled up in november and had it out on nov 11 at revy with 2-3 feet snow not a track anywhere and as it would seem it didn't matter what I pointed it at I never turned out....even where 2 nytro's were having problems. Sorry Yamaha! Anyways trust me....go with the Aerocharger!! Also I think Bigdawg on this site is a dealer for them and seems fairly knowledgable with them as I knew nothing about it but it is a really clean set up. I will post some pics of the install when I get home in a couple weeks!

madison5

Reaction score
I am very interested in installing turbo but have been told the factory efi responds slow and can cause melt down. they have said sled will run awesome for period of time and then for no reason lean out. How much was your kit and who did the install. I just put new motor in sled as low end injector failed and lean out mag side. One thing i read about was installing the XP wiring harness and carbs onto the rt 1000 and getting rid of all the eletronics, has anyone heard about this kind of setup.

freakshow12

Reaction score
i am right around the 190 mark now. i have cudney domes,plugged decomps,bikeman mod pipe,bikeman can(only one that didnt lose against the gun) relocated aftermarket fuel pump, bondi trail port and clutching,regeared 27 49 with summit chain and tensioner, running 05 mapping with a timing tweak and a 1.75 track. it hauls the mail

Braaap.

Reaction score
Bikeman performance. Friend of mine runs their 1250 kit. Rips.....
Not sure of actual numbers
Has good mileage on it now no issues.
Faiirly pricy kit but it flies

Edge Welding

Reaction score
if u are still looking for add ons foryour 1000 there is a guy on kijiji selling lots of aftermarket parts for your 1000.
I think he is known as 1000XGUY on snow and mud..

Top Bottom