Peace motors Edmonton.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had any dealings with peace motors in Edmonton. So I'm looking at a cheaper SUV for my wife, we see three there that we are looking at on kijiji. My wife calls for a serial number for the bank on one that she favours. Ask if there open Friday and tells them we will be stopping by. Tonight I look at the kijiji ad again and since we called all three SUV prices have been jacked up a minimum of $1000! Is this just a coincidence?!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
contact AMVIC and put in a complaint...... it is a trap. keep the ad from kijiji and approach the dealer with that....... these kind of dealers are being sought out and dealt with harshly.

I would be sure to get a vehicle inspection anywhere before purchasing .... you can put a deposit on a vehicle and write up the bill of sale, but be sure it says subject to inspection...... that can give you an out, if there are unforeseen problems

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the great advice! I do have the before ad and after ad printed out and will be bringing that up to them.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no proof of this but a pretty solid source mentioned that a lot of the small inner city "ethnic" dealers are famous for odometer fraud. By looking at a few of the adds it is obvious on some vehicles but others you can not tell. For that reason I would just stay away, but thats just me.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we decide against going there, I called them up and asked them what the deal was with all there prices going up after my wife called. He said it was on sale the last week and that the sale was over. He said we could talk about the price once I got there but I'm not interested anymore. Thanks for the replies though!!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it buy from a dealer i got screwed before from the fly by night dealers

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more question for you guys. I ended up buying one privately for a fair price now I need to get it tomorrow as it will be my only chance for a while. How does it work for insurance and registration? Will I need to what till a day there open or is there any way around it just to get it home which is 2 hours away.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One more question for you guys. I ended up buying one privately for a fair price now I need to get it tomorrow as it will be my only chance for a while. How does it work for insurance and registration? Will I need to what till a day there open or is there any way around it just to get it home which is 2 hours away.

Typically, I just fax or email the info to my insurance agent. Therefore, she starts coverage effective when the email came in. Registration, I'm pretty sure you have 14 days to swap over....

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Old thread, but went to check out a few trucks today, and the fresh bed liner you see on the fenders and rocker panels of all the trucks isnt just there to look nice. The trucks are advertised as "body in excellent shape, 10/10, no rust", but they are mostly rotted out, packed with bondo then covered with cheap bed liner. The guy seemed quite shady, and doesnt like it too much when you look underneath some of the vehicles. Apparently they are all "mechanics inspection certified" whatever that is supposed to mean, and there is no need to inspect them yourself.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used car dealers take their cars to auction also....... they just consign them with a reserve $$$$. Most auctions sell vehicles "are as where is" with usually a disclaimer to protect auction house.

Top Bottom