Paradise/Holy Grail Threatened

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
The Paradise/Holy Grail/North Blue Drainage riding area is being threatened by an application for tenure by an out-of-town ski-touring business. Some of you might remember the applicant (Dana Foster's Snowy Mountain Alpine Tours) since she recently wrote a letter in the Valley Sentinel (April 23, 2008--see: Snowmobilers need to show more respect - The Valley Sentinel Newspaper) slamming mountain sledders (apparently they cause avalanches, disrupt caribou, and beat up backcountry lodge owners, among other terrible things)--what a load of crap! This person's tenure application can be commented on by clicking on the following link and clicking on "Snowy Mountain Alpine Tours," then clicking on "comment on this..."
PLEASE SEND IN YOUR COMMENTS AT THIS SITE BEFORE SEPT. 25, 2008!!! We need to tell the government that we do not support this application for tenure. If there are any problems with being able to view the letter mentioned above or the link to the tenure application, please email (nancy_kinney@telus.net).

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Paradise/Holy Grail Treatened

Will respond for sure. Hope it all works out for your area

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
To submit comment you have to go to the paper just by the date, when you put your mouse it should say view application. This is where you will click to get into the submit comment area. I had a hard time at first also.

Hope this helps.:d
Lex

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just finished sending them my disaproval for tenure comments.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sent comment of disapproval, couldn't find it because it is posted on the top of page 8 now...:d:beer: thanks lex for the heads up.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sent my letter in just now. I hate this type of thing. We had a guy here gather all these valunteers one year to help build a back country cabin that was supposed to be used by sledders and skiers, the snowmobile club put up thousands of dollars, most of the equipment was brought in by sleds and quads and while the cabin was being built the rock sucker had it registered with the gov't as a protection area only to be used for none moterized vehicals. needless to say im in support of stopping her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To submit comment you have to go to the paper just by the date, when you put your mouse it should say view application. This is where you will click to get into the submit comment area. I had a hard time at first also.

Hope this helps.:d
Lex

I'm having troubles finding where i can leave my comments for this BIooTCH!!:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

deep blue

Reaction score
Here are my posted comments;

"As a Blue River landowner, it is becoming very alarming that the rights of private enterprise are being put ahead of the rights of the public for access to these areas (including the North Blue River). Even more upsetting is the cost for the enforcement of these tenures (ie. Wiegele Heli - Section 58's) is expected to be paid by the taxpayer.

I would also like to point out the negative economic benefit to the community. This tenure proposal will infact have a negative impact on the economy of the community. Not only because of the small numbers of guests, but the fact that limiting access to other recreational users that traditionally use the valley will undoubtedly lead to an alienation to that group. These users will head to other communities were they have greater access and less hassles.

If the tenure proposals continue to be approved at the current rate, public access to most of this beautiful province will soon be an exception and not the rule. "

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are my posted comments;

"As a Blue River landowner, it is becoming very alarming that the rights of private enterprise are being put ahead of the rights of the public for access to these areas (including the North Blue River). Even more upsetting is the cost for the enforcement of these tenures (ie. Wiegele Heli - Section 58's) is expected to be paid by the taxpayer.

I would also like to point out the negative economic benefit to the community. This tenure proposal will infact have a negative impact on the economy of the community. Not only because of the small numbers of guests, but the fact that limiting access to other recreational users that traditionally use the valley will undoubtedly lead to an alienation to that group. These users will head to other communities were they have greater access and less hassles.

If the tenure proposals continue to be approved at the current rate, public access to most of this beautiful province will soon be an exception and not the rule. "

well said, I wasnt that diplomatic:rant:

Braaap

Reaction score
Submitted my disapproval... haven't ridden there personally but I here amazing things and want to get there a few times this winter...

Thanks for the heads up on this issue!

Top Bottom