Ozone and big iron

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look as a community sledders have not done a lot to endear them selves to the community at large. Yes the vast majority of sledders care about our image and keeping areas open and possibly opening new areas. However if you would like a demonstration of idiotic behaviour head out when the Avalanche danger is high there is never a shortage of sledders exhibiting idiot behaviour. Trust me Parks Canada or any other authority don't want another user group to baby sit. How about drinking and drugs on the mountain (that sounds safe) Fu*ck what are these people thinking? I like beer as much as the next guy (probable more) but I am not going to down a six pack and then jump on a 160Hp sled and start dodging trees, driving a car impaired is safe in comparison. Yet it seems to be acceptable behaviour on most hills. It is sad to say if the BISO go's there will be people there probably lots. Education and inforcment are two options that seems to be lacking in the sledding community. If the sledding community cannot finger out how to shut down an event like this and something go's wrong we all look like morons.

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot of big names in that video, and well respected individuals at that. People that make most of their living from sledding. How could these well respected individuals be on a video like this and be part of the BISO. (I'm being sarcastic). They did it because that is what sold sledding then. When the BISO avalanche happened it caused people to be aware of whats around them, made them ask questions. Somebody has to be at blame, so its going to be Ozone. Thats fine he's a douche anyways, but everybody has to make choices. I pretty sure that there is NO WAY thats the big iron will ever get going again. LET IT DIE. I had a choice that day and it was to not be there. I've sat at the bottom of that hill on all kinds of occasions, and usually just carry on, only now I look at the hill with a frown because of the lives lost.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of negatives here About the event, but I'm pretty sure if that avalchane would of never happened... That would be one big event still with big plublicty and very good talented riders attending.. As well many more spectators

it was handled badly but how many times have we all done something dumb that afterwards we think how bad that could of been if it slid..

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenny all you need is a cowboy hat wrapped with Xmas lights and sit at the Timmy's yelling your head off for no apparent reason.
Holy crap Milton, if this is all it takes we have a s#%t load of ozones here in Nelson... See it all the time here in substance abuse land.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the BISO avalanche happened it caused people to be aware of whats around them, made them ask questions. Somebody has to be at blame, so its going to be Ozone. Thats fine he's a douche anyways, but everybody has to make choices. I pretty sure that there is NO WAY thats the big iron will ever get going again. LET IT DIE. I had a choice that day and it was to not be there. I've sat at the bottom of that hill on all kinds of occasions, and usually just carry on, only now I look at the hill with a frown because of the lives lost.

Well said. I myself chose to be there that day and was directly hit by that slide. I blame no one including the douchebag in question, To this day it still haunts me but sadly I found safety in large numbers that day. I now still partake in backcountry adventures but have respect and a better understanding of the dangers involved. I don't like big groups because of the few that show boat and sadly others follow. regardless of douchebags and show boaters we can all choose to walk away or make the dicission to move on because you can't fix stupid and there out there everywhere.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good media outlets- CBC's 16x9 and the fifth estate. These guys will cook his goose. Just send them an email with the event dates :beer:

impulseturboguy

Reaction score
Lot of big names in that video, and well respected individuals at that. People that make most of their living from sledding. How could these well respected individuals be on a video like this and be part of the BISO. (I'm being sarcastic). They did it because that is what sold sledding then. When the BISO avalanche happened it caused people to be aware of whats around them, made them ask questions. Somebody has to be at blame, so its going to be Ozone. Thats fine he's a douche anyways, but everybody has to make choices. I pretty sure that there is NO WAY thats the big iron will ever get going again. LET IT DIE. I had a choice that day and it was to not be there. I've sat at the bottom of that hill on all kinds of occasions, and usually just carry on, only now I look at the hill with a frown because of the lives lost.

So they might as well shut down yamafest because it pretty much the same thing as the biso

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Personally I've never been to biso and don't care to sitting around watching when I could be riding didn't interest me. Big events like that are some people's thing though and if you don't like just don't go more then one hill in revy. I must assume all the people bashing have always been against it and not just after the avy because accidents happen. Sure ill get some feedback but if there were never any events the sport wouldn't have grown like it has

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that whack job yesterday at Boulder's parking lot and knowing him from his past, unfortunately he's still a whack job and hasn't changed or learnt much from what i've seen, wearing a hockey jersey with O-zone on his back and a viking's helmut this guy DOES NOT give our sport a very good REP.
The incident could had happen to anyone and it was at "your own risk". Unfortunately this guy ran and hid instead of being a stand up guy for the families hurting.
Being the event's spokesman automatically gave him a certain amount of responsibility, Respect and responsibility is some thing this moron know's nothing about.

O-zone is not the only dude that i've ever seen out there that is a little off or feels the need to bring attention to him self, some people have serious problems with being the center of attention.
Also yesterday at the end of the day saw another guy who needed some special loving and attention. In his late 50's would be my guess and wearing a cap with dreads LOL. Funny and cool cap actually. I suspect he's bald, this little man had a frecken boombox attached to his sleds tunnel at the boulder cabin playing his teen music so all could bop too i guess.......hahaha
Anyhow didn't hang out as it was too loud and annoying, respect for other's comes in many different ways, O-zones is where he is in reputation mainly cause he DID NOT MAN UP but ran off, making him in my books a COWARD.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
good media outlets- CBC's 16x9 and the fifth estate. These guys will cook his goose. Just send them an email with the event dates :beer:
I doubt you have to go this far. I quite certain that he is wanted by the RC's, so if anyone knows where he is? They could make a quick call.....

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt you have to go this far. I quite certain that he is wanted by the RC's, so if anyone knows where he is? They could make a quick call.....

Hey trashy668, Lund points out in his post that there is loonies all around us like the guy in a dread wig running around the parking lot.....love your avatar trashy lol, sorry but this makes me laugh and I love it.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that whack job yesterday at Boulder's parking lot and knowing him from his past, unfortunately he's still a whack job and hasn't changed or learnt much from what i've seen, wearing a hockey jersey with O-zone on his back and a viking's helmut this guy DOES NOT give our sport a very good REP.
The incident could had happen to anyone and it was at "your own risk". Unfortunately this guy ran and hid instead of being a stand up guy for the families hurting.
Being the event's spokesman automatically gave him a certain amount of responsibility, Respect and responsibility is some thing this moron know's nothing about.

O-zone is not the only dude that i've ever seen out there that is a little off or feels the need to bring attention to him self, some people have serious problems with being the center of attention.
Also yesterday at the end of the day saw another guy who needed some special loving and attention. In his late 50's would be my guess and wearing a cap with dreads LOL. Funny and cool cap actually. I suspect he's bald, this little man had a frecken boombox attached to his sleds tunnel at the boulder cabin playing his teen music so all could bop too i guess.......hahaha
Anyhow didn't hang out as it was too loud and annoying, respect for other's comes in many different ways, O-zones is where he is in reputation mainly cause he DID NOT MAN UP but ran off, making him in my books a COWARD.

oh cool- Mark got a new hat! :)

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Shaede. Bahaha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats is Mark Shaede, he guides at Boulder and he is a very nice guy.

Top Bottom