overbooked flight

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you would just say ok. No problem. They can have my seat and not question it at all or argue
Nope. I'd make them pay for it. For a $1K I'd take the next flight.
There was a story on the news tonight about a family in New York that agreed to be bumped from their flight to Florida. They showed up the next two days and agreed to be bumped again each day. All said they got $13K in compensation between the four of them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can only assume united would have other flights going the same route, and way more connecting flights and info of such than a one time flying old guy. pizz poor customer service on the airline's part.
yes it will likely soon be forgotten, still i wonder why it took them until the plane was ready to depart before they decided to kick the guy off, they new how many seats where on plane, how many tickets they sold, how many seats they needed for there employee's. stop boarding people at 296 if you only have 300 seats available.
the whole thing just don't make sense.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. I'd make them pay for it. For a $1K I'd take the next flight.
There was a story on the news tonight about a family in New York that agreed to be bumped from their flight to Florida. They showed up the next two days and agreed to be bumped again each day. All said they got $13K in compensation between the four of them.

Just to let you know money for some people isn't everything. Just because you can be bought easily it doesn't mean everyone can.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
images

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know money for some people isn't everything. Just because you can be bought easily it doesn't mean everyone can.[/QUOTE

youre another guy that thinks he's so special that he can tell the airline and police what they're gonna do. News flash for ya. You can't. If they want you off the plane, you're gone. Your principles don't mean a thing to them.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know money for some people isn't everything. Just because you can be bought easily it doesn't mean everyone can.[/QUOTE

youre another guy that thinks he's so special that he can tell the airline and police what they're gonna do. News flash for ya. You can't. If they want you off the plane, you're gone. Your principles don't mean a thing to them.

And you are just a sheep like so many others. Prob voted for our awesome PM too. I don't know. You just seem to like to argue about anything here. Never post a single thing about riding unless it is to argue with people. Maybe people would give you some credit if it wasn't always about some lame argument.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would side with the airline on this one. Broken nose,knocked out 2 teeth,and a concussion.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What do your principles stand for? You buy shares in that sh!t company just to make a buck. A guy with some principles would stay clear. Wanba buy shares in nerve gas in Syria to make a buck.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you are just a sheep like so many others. Prob voted for our awesome PM too. I don't know. You just seem to like to argue about anything here. Never post a single thing about riding unless it is to argue with people. Maybe people would give you some credit if it wasn't always about some lame argument.

Im someone with some life experience. Actually lived and worked all over the world and know how things are more than 50 miles from where I live. I've posted lots on other things. Just because you don't have the life experience or intelligence to understand things doesn't mean it's not true.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm cashing in on the stupidity of others. Next time you go to buy a new sled or ATV, tell them you're gonna pay for it with your principles. See how that works for you.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you. You are some kinda special with all your experience. Some day I hope to know it all too.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again you're right. I don't have the capacity to be you. You should change your name. You are an embarrassment to have both the Canadian name and the fireman name. If you are really either.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
money isn't everything especially for business travellers which I personally fall under. All my business trips are planned with scheduled meeting with multiple parties upon arrival. One thing is to be delayed by hrs and another a full day especially going to a trade show where the dates are fixed. Airline / Chicago cops screwed up big time on this even though they may have the small print contract on their side. Sometimes we have to go what is morally right.

Top Bottom