Our Most Common Whoopsies

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm working on an article about common mistakes we've all made or could make.

Here's my direction....

1. don't look at the @%@%#%% Tree!!! If you look at the tree you're going to NAIL that sucka..

2. In spring Snow... DO NOT lay the hammer down on the brakes...... bad Ju Ju there

3. Leaving the Park Brake on enhances the ambience by providing a nice warm glow when your sled catches on fire....

So that's the direction I'm going.. What else can you add to it, as far as common mistakes that made you want to bang your head against a wall because you knew better... Have you done the above?

And Pics Pics pics.... If you don't mind your name and pics in an article send me a pm with your info... but post up your pics in this thread....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thank you ^^^^

About 5 years ago I got my first "real sled" an 08 M8. Before that I had plunky iron.. My first time out on it I was pretty excited. I was on Cooper Lake... a HUGE straight stretch awaited me...

In my mind I was Trishy Bobbie..... OOOO look how fast I am... I mashed my throttle and didn't let off... Ya. in my mind... oh so cool... Till my belt blew into a bazillion pieces and I was picking string out of my sled for a long long time after....
Don't mash the hammer down relentlessly... you WILL blow your belt...

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When going for the big trophey drag racing I forgot to turn the NOS on , end up with second biggest trophey

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not speaking from experience but multiple times i have seen someone pulling out of the parking lot with out their sled cover on and as they are pulling out u see it laying on the ground! Whoopsies

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My riding partner forgot to clamp the super clamp just placed the clamp on the ski's thank god i drove like a white man and the sled stayed on but was very close to falling off( Double check before departure)

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode for years on the farm without a tethesr.....but now we use the tethers all the time, flat land or mountains....but still a couple times a ride, i'll stop and just walk away.....

and then it leads to the pull the cord dumb look of WTF why isnt it starting ....oh ya...plug the tether back on....

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every year, early season, itchin to ride, and I know I shouldn't lay a big carve in but I do.......and...........I get to buy a new A Arm because of that stump 6 inches under the snow.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
  • Leaving my wallet, helmet, gloves, on the trailer / deck and driving away only to find that when I get home they are gone.
  • Forgetting to turn off my transceiver at the end of the day and then the next time I go to use it the batteries are dead.
  • Drinking / partying to much the night before and wrecking my ride the next day
  • Thinking I have enough gas left over from the last ride and I don't need to stop and fill up and stressing the whole day I am going to run out of gas
  • Forgetting to bring oil
  • Leaving my wet stuff in the truck overnight instead of bringing it in to dry for the next day. And finding a frozen pile in the morning.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode for years on the farm without a tethesr.....but now we use the tethers all the time, flat land or mountains....but still a couple times a ride, i'll stop and just walk away.....

and then it leads to the pull the cord dumb look of WTF why isnt it starting ....oh ya...plug the tether back on....

Haha.....that reminds me of one time a guys sled quit while we were breaking trail through 3 feet of fresh for our poker run. Well the group of rocket scientists we are........we proceed to tear the sled apart and investigate every possibility. Check every inch of wire, check spark, try different ecm off different sled........after about an hour and 8000 pulls we realized it was out of gas. Must have been tired from riding through that deep snow I guess. ;)

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never trust your riding buddies to load your sled or quad. Might just get to the destination, open the trailer and wonder where it went!

Sent while not working too hard

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's one: Grabbing the wrong gear bag (they were identical), getting to the hill 7 hrs later with the boys and realizing that the bibs, boots and jacket that your wife wears will NEVER fit you. The bags are now different colors...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have forgot my helmet a few times.

Rode with a balaclava and ended up like a raccoon without goggles

sent from my htc

JonJean

Reaction score
One time after fuelling up i didn't tighten my gas cap on tight enough and my first stuck of the day i rolled the sled and yeaaaah you can imagine what comes next. pretty embarrassing moment.

Top Bottom