Opinions on Turbos for XMs

go green

Reaction score
BRP could easily make a ECU with a USB port and a windows based software to facilitate any aftermarket tuning whim, nothing fancy, just standard EFI tuning tables that have been around since 1986 . The only factor is that there is such a small demand for it it would not be worth their time . I will do a turbo next year on the XM , but it will be with a stand alone EFI system .

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I definitely want a Turbo, but I'm not sure which kit to go with. The Boondocker is really well put together, but the snow to air intercooler of the aerocharger really has my attention. I sent an email to aerocharger and they still havent replied (3 days) so i dont really know if i want to buy from a company that wont reply even when i dont own their product. Thoughts? Ideas? or alternate suggestions? I want to keep it local though so i'm not doing the TSS, its too far. Also as far as clutching should i go the above 5000' or below? i want to ride around here too (2000') but i ride in vale, and reve so...

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The best running doo's that I've seen on the mountain are definately the TSS boosted sleds. They have those E-tecs dialed!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What changed in 4 days?

1. They are Canadian
2. Based on the about 20 hours of research i've done into this TSS has by far the best track record of any company putting out turbo kits
3. again based on the research i've done their kits are have better response as well as reliability
4. After talking with many people regarding turbos (including NB) TSS knows what they are doing
5. Although i would have MUCH preferred going local, there is nothing local to warrant investing into as of yet. And i dont want to buy a US kit as I've had a lot of trouble getting a hold of the companies to ask questions let alone buy their product

That being said, that's just the results I've come up with. I want a kit that just plain works and thats what the TSS kit seems to deliver but trust me i'll pump out an extensive review after riding it for a bit :)

Top Bottom