Onion Lake /Hummingbird Falls

outlaw500

Reaction score
went out today, couple fun spots in the trees, so we played in there for a while....out in the open its basically dirt lol wind got it good... got on top of one hill to take a look around and very small amounts of snow, riding on lots of rocks and dirt, hard packed snow....first time ive been in the winter, went quadding before...... Does it get very much snow later in year??? theers nice hills and such back there, wanna ride it again if it does snow?

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
with this heat and wind the trails in the meadows are taking a beating,,, as do the sleds,,,,,,,,, in the sledding areas on the weekend I was digging out a dragon in 4 -5 ft of powder,,,,,,,,, and mine was close behind,,,,,,,,, you need to be in the alpine trees to get the powder,,,, all big bowls where wind swept and hard,,,,,,,,,,

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
road the north chungo area the other weekend. first tracks half way on pipelines and old roads. then ran into tracks the rest of the way. trappers area. 115kms first ride of the year and pulled tendon in my thumb. to much throttle i guess! snow droped off to about 10" where we turned around. all in all a good ride!

campstove

Reaction score
just wondering if there has been any fresh snow at ranger/onion.was thinking about heading there on sun.i haven,t been there in about 5 yrs..had friends that were in ranger 3 wks ago and they said could use some more snow..thnxs in advance.

CB1

Reaction score
Took a drive out there yesterday, no new snow to speak of. Need a dump badly. Wind has taken care of all the snow!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you go out by the hummingbird staging area, more than likely very little snow. anything out by baseline to speak of.

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, there's minimal snow around here, and what was good is gettin pounded..we need a good foot of fresh!! However, a bud of mine was up by Cinthia and said there is a $%^load there!!

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Was Guiding at Ranger,,,,,, trail wasn't too bad,,, rough,,,,, my guests where bowl shy as they where from Sask. but they had a blast in the powder in the trees. somewhere around 3 - 4 ft. My sled wasn't running right so I just watched and guided them from bowl to bowl and chute to chute.

Top Bottom