One for race directors.....rule question

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK, so the drag races will soon be upon us. I am planning my mods and need some clarification on rules. At least maybe some opinions.

ISR states that "commercially available aftermarket heads" are allowed in Improved Stock class.

Alberta Beach does not state one way or another for Improved Stock but does say cooling system mods are allowed in Improved Stock. Would an aftermarket head be considered a cooling system mod due to the increased cooling capacity?

Wetaskiwin rules state that an aftermarket head will move you up to Pro Stock class....WTF!!?? So if all someone has is an aftermarket head, they get put in Pro Stock. Riiiight.

I have sent messages to the directors of both races, but doubt I will hear back this early, so just picking the brains of the race peeps here.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ok, so the drag races will soon be upon us. I am planning my mods and need some clarification on rules. At least maybe some opinions.

Isr states that "commercially available aftermarket heads" are allowed in improved stock class.

Alberta beach does not state one way or another for improved stock but does say cooling system mods are allowed in improved stock. Would an aftermarket head be considered a cooling system mod due to the increased cooling capacity?

Wetaskiwin rules state that an aftermarket head will move you up to pro stock class....wtf!!?? So if all someone has is an aftermarket head, they get put in pro stock. Riiiight.

I have sent messages to the directors of both races, but doubt i will hear back this early, so just picking the brains of the race peeps here.

contact the ssra as they run most of the races, including grassland and eckville...... Otherwise contact maxcelleration here on this site and i'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ISR rules are all good as you can see from my post above. They allow the commercially available aftermarket heads in Improved Stock. It's the other races that are not clear. I have contacted Colin from Wetaskiwin, and Marvin from AB Beach, but doubt I will hear much from them till later in the season. It just doesn't make sense that a head alone could potentially move a sled up to Pro Stock at the Wetaskiwin races, and does AB Beach consider a head a cooling mod? Confusing.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the "commercially available aftermarket head" is only allowed in the Improved 1000 class. All others must have stock cylinders and heads.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was running the Echo Cycle mod 800 at Alberta beach in the 800 improve class Alberta Beach rules are very relaxed im sure you wont have a problem.

Top Bottom