Ok.... more serious this time.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I got myself in a position to get a sled I'm a little more serious into buying one. I just got everything set up and paid for (ins, new tires etc... ) for my truck and all my savings are well, getting saved for a sled. If I decide to go new then I'm stuck between 'Doo and Arctic Cat. The E-Tec 800 or the 1100 turbo. Probably not going to get the HCR, just the step below it. I was quoted 14K for it, but I'm not set on new. If you guys on here are getting rid of your E-Tec's then let me know.

Not interested in short tracks (lower than 144 = no sale) or lower than 2" paddles.

If any dealers here want to chime in with their prices... Greatly appreciated. ;)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I got myself in a position to get a sled I'm a little more serious into buying one. I just got everything set up and paid for (ins, new tires etc... ) for my truck and all my savings are well, getting saved for a sled. If I decide to go new then I'm stuck between 'Doo and Arctic Cat. The E-Tec 800 or the 1100 turbo. Probably not going to get the HCR, just the step below it. I was quoted 14K for it, but I'm not set on new. If you guys on here are getting rid of your E-Tec's then let me know.

Not interested in short tracks (lower than 144 = no sale) or lower than 2" paddles.

If any dealers here want to chime in with their prices... Greatly appreciated. ;)

are ya sure u want to get a chitty kitty [ its a tank just like a po po quad u once had ]

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are ya sure u want to get a chitty kitty [ its a tank just like a po po quad u once had ]
He sounds like a younger fella and a budget of 200 for belts and short blocks every yr or two might not work. So that puts doo at a big minus. The chitty kitty will be far more reliable with $ 90 belts and motors that are proven to last 6000 miles on the same top end.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He sounds like a younger fella and a budget of 200 for belts and short blocks every yr or two might not work. So that puts doo at a big minus. The chitty kitty will be far more reliable with $ 90 belts and motors that are proven to last 6000 miles on the same top end.

the new ones don't have belt issues

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on Kijiji, only found one sled worth looking at for 8500. Practically new, 200KM '10 800 'doo but not sure if it's an e-tec or not. Not really finding anything that catches my attention with Cat for used sleds either. I figure new might be the way to go if that 'doo sells.

Stock is a must, and low miles, especially for a 2 stroke. Original top end and 2000KM I'm leery about. Had a '01 Doo 800 and replaced the top end twice in 4000 km.

Whats the low down on the Cat 1100 turbo? Not too heavy is it? I like the 4 stroke for reliability but never owned one in a sled. How do they stack up?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on Kijiji, only found one sled worth looking at for 8500. Practically new, 200KM '10 800 'doo but not sure if it's an e-tec or not. Not really finding anything that catches my attention with Cat for used sleds either. I figure new might be the way to go if that 'doo sells.

Stock is a must, and low miles, especially for a 2 stroke. Original top end and 2000KM I'm leery about. Had a '01 Doo 800 and replaced the top end twice in 4000 km.

Whats the low down on the Cat 1100 turbo? Not too heavy is it? I like the 4 stroke for reliability but never owned one in a sled. How do they stack up?

Etec is 2011 or newer...

Sent from my Desire HD

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on Kijiji, only found one sled worth looking at for 8500. Practically new, 200KM '10 800 'doo but not sure if it's an e-tec or not. Not really finding anything that catches my attention with Cat for used sleds either. I figure new might be the way to go if that 'doo sells. Stock is a must, and low miles, especially for a 2 stroke. Original top end and 2000KM I'm leery about. Had a '01 Doo 800 and replaced the top end twice in 4000 km. Whats the low down on the Cat 1100 turbo? Not too heavy is it? I like the 4 stroke for reliability but never owned one in a sled. How do they stack up?
Thats why i mentioned cat. My younger brother has a m8 race gas turbo with 4000 miles on the motor. Changed pistons once cause we thought we should. Once they were out we saw they still had life in them. As far as the cat 1100 anyo e would like the reliabilty of a 4 stroke. I changed to yami in 2008 and will never go back. I also have a z1 turbo hijacked and can tell u the motor is tough as hell. I think the new m1100 will be a fun and awesome sled. Sledding is about the fun factor. And the new cat turbo should have that dialed. 180hp at altitude i wicked for stock with warrenty

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats why i mentioned cat. My younger brother has a m8 race gas turbo with 4000 miles on the motor. Changed pistons once cause we thought we should. Once they were out we saw they still had life in them. As far as the cat 1100 anyo e would like the reliabilty of a 4 stroke. I changed to yami in 2008 and will never go back. I also have a z1 turbo hijacked and can tell u the motor is tough as hell. I think the new m1100 will be a fun and awesome sled. Sledding is about the fun factor. And the new cat turbo should have that dialed. 180hp at altitude i wicked for stock with warrenty

Sounds good... Now If I can find a dealer to give me one for a good solid price for a 1.1t.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

2009 Summit X 174 - getting out of sledding special LOWER PRICE - Red Deer Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Red Deer Canada.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got no bites in late november it might just be my sled lol

Sent from my white iPhone 4

Top Bottom