OK - Electric Start on a RMK Pro 800....YES OR NO

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO, it starts with two pulls max when cold and one after that and it is not hard to pull. I would say if you can't pull it over you should not be riding it but I plan on riding until I am very old so I will likely have Electric start one day also :) but seriously you just don't need it, if you DID need it then it would not be a dilemma I'm thinking. Spend that extra money on gas for riding :) Or beers after.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not? Sure it's simple to pull over, but it's even faster and easier to turn a key. I know I'm jealous when I see guys starting their sleds with a key. Plus you'll still have the recoil as a back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need for it. sleds starts and pulls over easy. Why buy a light sled to add more weight and have to worry about maintaining a battery.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just did a huge pull in a narrow chute but dont quite make it, none of your buddies are comin up to help you turn it around. After rollin your sled a few times and a little digging you are pretty much faceing down hill and a little brap on the throttle will straighten you right out BUUUTTTTT your pull start is on the down hill side of the sled and if you as much as fart in that direction you are gonna yard sale your machine down the hill.......I've been in this situation many times and e start would have been nice!!!

400hp

Reaction score
I put on mine because i ride yamaha's with e-start! and because i wanted it..im sure they start fine without but its gonna be handy if the wife rides it!! now i just need to fit my intercooler and turbo kit around the battery!

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
Well if you are older maybe but if you get a starter on your snowmobile you might as well be driven a golf cart. The day I can't pull my sled over is the day I retire from sleddin! Like everybody else said why add that weight they are nice and light.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 658

400hp

Reaction score
lets put my heavy pro e-start turbo (golfcart) up against yr lightweight pullstart and see what happens.....if yr concerned about saving weight lose the tall windsheild!! haha just buggin...its just really nice to have....try it on yr next sled you will never go back

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys and your "15-20 lbs is too much extra weight" You guys crack me up. That weight is not going to fatigue you, nor will you see performance loss.

Do you stop riding your sled when it becomes 40lbs heavier with snow and ice? No. Infact I bet 90% of you don't even notice the ride difference, but because you KNOW that e-start is in, it becomes a mental thing.

If your that worried about weight, hit the gym. Your heart and sled will both thank you.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put it one,happy I did.When I wanna sell it 1st two questions is there reverse and electric start...I don't care about the little extra weight.Your asking a question that only u can answer,do YOU want it.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When both our sleds have 40lbs of snow on them mine will STILL be 20lbs lighter :)

You guys and your "15-20 lbs is too much extra weight" You guys crack me up. That weight is not going to fatigue you, nor will you see performance loss.

Do you stop riding your sled when it becomes 40lbs heavier with snow and ice? No. Infact I bet 90% of you don't even notice the ride difference, but because you KNOW that e-start is in, it becomes a mental thing.

If your that worried about weight, hit the gym. Your heart and sled will both thank you.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 700 rmk is almost impossible to turn over when it's -20 out the wifes 2005 800 is no problem I'm not sure the electric start would turn it over

Top Bottom