OK - Electric Start on a RMK Pro 800....YES OR NO

Solar6402

Reaction score
Not worth the money for an efi that starts soo easy, also even though the weight probably does'nt matter...mentally it does for me after spending $ to lighten up.
Polaris Pro Turbo 001 (3).jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: cs5

Solar6402

Reaction score
The red n white one has a bondockers turbo and a bunch of other goodies on it now and i installed better boards which are awesome if you ride the deep alot...need snow!!!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2013 is the first sled i have had with E-Start and i have to say i love it. Weight.....well, yes it does add some however i dropped about 8lbs of the weight just by putting in an Earth X battery so i am not too concerned about the started solenoid and some wiring. Way i see it, if i really need to drop the weight i may have to start looking in the mirror and not at the sled. Pretty nice to be able to get unstuck and in a tough position and hit the key to start it.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both sleds in the household have e-start: My M1100 Turbo and my wife's 600 ProRMK. Both have lightweight lithium batteries. It is an awesome feature, hands down, weight is neglible for the convienence in my opinion. Last rides were an m1000 that was modded up and an M8 (also modded, higher compression ratios, too). No problems starting either, always one handed pulls, even when cold (yes, although old I am a big fella). But honestly, I have no desire to pull a starter rope just because I can...especially on a four stroke lol

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, 4-stroke=electric start.
Also, wife's sled=electric start.
Other than that=more stuff to have issues with

chancealot

Reaction score
I have to say yes, its great. When your upside down and when you roll back over , you need to be ready to go back down the mountian, just turning a key is better than trying to pull start your sled laying on your back!!!

jrcactus

Reaction score
I have Estart and honestly love it, when we go to leave the cabin and my Pro 2013 with Estart and my sons 1984 Excel III with Estart fire up everyone is looking.
lol

hendtnt

Reaction score
I bought mine out of the showroom. it already had the e-start. I love it!!

andus

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty late reply to the thread and the original poster has probably already made up his mind, but anyway....
I have e-start on my 13 pro and for the most part I love it, but I would suggest getting footwell screens. It's a pain in the a$$ to clean snow out from under the q-drive with the battery in there. You actually have to take the battery out. I have footwell screens ordered from Xcelerated Performance so hopefully that does the trick. If not, I will be removing my e-start and selling it.

akrevrider

Reaction score
I have ES and installed the footwell screens and the snow around the QD & battery is not an issue an longer. Also installed a QD skidplate that stopped a lot of snow from coming in through the bottom hole.

andus

Reaction score
I have ES and installed the footwell screens and the snow around the QD & battery is not an issue an longer. Also installed a QD skidplate that stopped a lot of snow from coming in through the bottom hole.

Glad to hear the screens do the job. I installed a QD skid plate too. It was during the skid plate install that I realized you have to take the battery out to get snow and ice out from under the QD, haha

Top Bottom