Oil pump setup with turbo , fouled plugs

dcski701

Reaction score
Hello guys, running 6 psi on pump gas at 190 hp. Hm kit with aero charger. My installer turned the oil pump 2 turns to richen it up. Just wondering if that was standard with other turbo kits. My plugs have very rich,black and oily. There is black oil in the pipe.

etecturbo

Reaction score
Ken at Mountain Magic told me to take my etec turbo to a bombi dealer after he was done with it and get them to turn the oil pump up 2 notches but havent done it yet it seems to be fime were its at, but not 100% sure its good to leave it or get it turned up.

WesG

Reaction score
Check the two return springs on the oiler linkage. There is one on top and another on the bottom of the rod/linkage. I found the one on the bottom was not hooked up properly. This allows the oil rod/linkage to stick not fully return,but yet springs partially back making you think it is working. Is the sled extra hard on oil since the change or just burning a tiny bit more oil?

dcski701

Reaction score
Check the two return springs on the oiler linkage. There is one on top and another on the bottom of the rod/linkage. I found the one on the bottom was not hooked up properly. This allows the oil rod/linkage to stick not fully return,but yet springs partially back making you think it is working. Is the sled extra hard on oil since the change or just burning a tiny bit more oil?

never did ride it stock, but it sure burns alot less oil than my old xp, thanks will have a look at those springs. starting to get the idea here that the oil pump adjuster isnt the problem, rather the fuel map, can't get any help out of hm turbo with this-frustrating!

Top Bottom