Oil pump adjustment??

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so after I got the sled all back together this weekend I set the oil pump cable to the book's recommendation (pull cable apart at adj. screw and set at .77) but now I'm getting paranoid that I may be leaning out the oil too much...

Since I am not that smart a guy I never marked the cable down below where it attaches to the pump I just snugged up the two nuts and carried on my way...

The book states the only adjustments to be made are done at the top of the cable and not below but I want to make sure of this before I get too wild with it and damage anything.

Should I make the cable a little "shorter" at the adj. screw in order to increase how much oil I'm feeding it? Did I royally mess up by not marking and setting the lower locking nuts just as they were before?

:confused:

nielsy

Reaction score
you can't do anything wrong at the oilpump the cable is not adjustable at the end take freeplay out of cable at throttle lever and pull inner cable out at adjuster it should be 16.5mm and if it as rebuilt engine put in half a liter of oil with a full tank of gas for the first 2 tanks then you should be good to go

Top Bottom