Oil all over my belt drive

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Accidentally spilt oil all down my belt on my c3. It was brand new. Curious if I have fawked it. I wiped it off but still had some residual oil on it . Should I just replace it or run it

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take it off and wash it with warm water and dish soap rinse very well let air dry should be good to go if you just spilled it on it there is no way it would soak into the rubber if you use it as is the heat will drive the oil in

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would spray it down with a can of brakeclean. Probably best if it was rolling slow while doing it, then let it dry.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would stay away from the brake clean on those belts. Soap and water will be your friend.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not use brakeclean on rubber products it will separate the materials if you any type of spay use contact cleaner

I agree, I wouldn’t use it on a drive belt, it will make them squeal, but I have used it on the poly chain belts without issues.
Soap and water works too,

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brake components have rubber too and they don't get damaged. I would have no issue with brake clean although soap and water never hurts anything for sure.

Top Bottom