Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Not going to get long winded here but a quick update on the sunday ride. All I have to say is it just doesn't get any better for this time of year, great base, deep powder and almost a blue sky. For all of you that are phoning for the snow conditions you just need to make your way to Revy and see for yourselves. Every snow fall from now on is a bonus and other areas should be opening up soon.

Greg

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1,092
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,103

zeke800

Reaction score
How far up the mountain do you have to trailer to find snow?? Coming up on Dec 10 for a week and all we have is 4 place trailers.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I think I heard parking at the 4 km ..And i also heard from a guy out there this past weekend that some trucks are spinning out pulling trailers,so bring chains or ditch the chitty mud tires and have winter tires.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I heard parking at the 4 km ..And i also heard from a guy out there this past weekend that some trucks are spinning out pulling trailers,so bring chains or ditch the chitty mud tires and have winter tires.

Yes the best Parking is at the 4.5km on the Kirkup and there's pretty good snow coverage up from there.

It's amazing the difference snow tires make. First trip out with a set and I had no problems pulling a loaded 4 place enclosed where others we pizzing around letting air out of their tires to try to get traction on their big mud tires.

polaris god

Reaction score
Everyone who was not here this weekend missed out on best conditions I've ever been scene here at Revi! Powder to my nutz Saturday on frisby and blu sky's yesturday with tons of snow at boulder. We saw a few creeks still in our travels but ideal conditions up here for outrageous fun! Big thanx to dez Cody n friends... Tj. You guys helped make the trip out here even better!

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it when you get to telling stories Greg wheather they are long or short winded, the pics are usually good , the story is the best and I think that you are the perfect snowmobile snow reporter for the job, Hope the pay is good lol! Keep up the good work I can't stand it anymore Gotta empty the piggy bank and be on my way to Revy this week.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Third party liability and fire/theft should be on your sled. You come around a corner and accidentally hit someone and hurt them/kill them, and if you are at fault, you could be paying for it for the rest of your life... $130/yr is cheap insurance IMO...

FYI, you need collision before insurance companies become interested in helping you. I was hit by a kid coming around the corner in my lane, neither one of us had collision and it's a mine vs. his story. The pics we had, witness we had didn't make a difference, I had a very long fight with both companies and it was brutal.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone who was not here this weekend missed out on best conditions I've ever been scene here at Revi! Powder to my nutz Saturday on frisby and blu sky's yesturday with tons of snow at boulder. We saw a few creeks still in our travels but ideal conditions up here for outrageous fun! Big thanx to dez Cody n friends... Tj. You guys helped make the trip out here even better!

yup awesome day just awesome Sunday was the best day of riding I've ever done! Snow is unbelievable still have to watch in some spots and a Huge thanks to every snow and mudder we met up with everyone was awesome thank for the great weekend of riding looking forward to meeting up and riding with all of u again.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup awesome day just awesome Sunday was the best day of riding I've ever done! Snow is unbelievable still have to watch in some spots and a Huge thanks to every snow and mudder we met up with everyone was awesome thank for the great weekend of riding looking forward to meeting up and riding with all of u again.

It sure was nice to meet u Dez!
We had an amazing ride also so much pow! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353952917.427232.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353953037.017703.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353953054.972515.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353953070.885783.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353953084.067362.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353953093.971271.jpg

white rad

Reaction score
Great riding in the reindeer area today. Still whiteout up top but once we dropped down we had the area to ourselves on Frisby until late in the afternoon. Good snow, checked and was definitely 8' deep but the creeks are dangerous and was doing some intermittent logging!

Rt

Thanks for checking on the creeks in the reindeer area for us;) creek testing.jpg

Last edited:

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was good to meet you Corrisa! You've really gotta watch out for those creeks in the Superbowl!

Oh touché you mean this one?! Lol
But honestly I was just marking them for you all to save you the stress of falling in and having to dig out! Baaahhh
It was very nice to meet you too!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353987098.434131.jpg

Last edited:

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Just wanted to shout thanks to the guys on the tracked Dirtbikes that helped dig me out of a bad stuck on Saturday on Frisbee (first one on the new XM). I found out that when a 163" XM gets stuck, it's really stuck... and my radio was dead and buddies didn't know where I was.

Conditions on Sunday in the Cariboo Area were incredible, some of the best riding I've ever done. It was deep, untouched, good vis, and the creeks were manageable/avoidable. Headed back again next weekend I hope!

Top Bottom