Oasis

Hylode

Reaction score
Just a quick ? has anyone been into Oasis yet this year ? . We where planing to go in there this thursday .:feedback:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they trimmed the willows yet?

Hylode

Reaction score
Thanx for the update , I guess no matter where you go after the past few weeks , there will be high AV areas .

Thnx again

sled800r

Reaction score
hylode if you can ride some place i would that place is not the best place too ride at this time had that rain in dec when we rode it could slip any time nice place for a spring ride

Hylode

Reaction score
I hear you man , wer try to stay away from those spots , but unfortunatly we all get into some of them sometimes . We broke a few loose last year .
Thnx for the heads up , and I think I will heed your warning and head somewhere Else , Maybe the Mackenzie range

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just before the bridge on the way to Chappel....on the right hand side is the road to unload.....cant really get to second bowl unless its clear....bad slides right now in there fer sur.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Just before the bridge on the way to Chappel....on the right hand side is the road to unload.....cant really get to second bowl unless its clear....bad slides right now in there fer sur.

Thought it was prior to Allen Creek, When traveling south from Valemount ? :confused:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should be between allen and chappell.......but i have been drinkin alittle...??...??.,,//..;;.,kl;//,m

Stevo

Reaction score
Keyhole is just before Clemina, on the same side of the road. Very limited parking.

We're riding Thursday morning, not sure where yet though.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hey Steveo, whats the riding in Keyhole like, I've seen trucks parked there before and your right about limited parking....anyway, it the are simular to Clemina or more challenging?

Keyhole is just before Clemina, on the same side of the road. Very limited parking.

We're riding Thursday morning, not sure where yet though.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turn right just before the iron bridge past Allen go 2.5 km or so along the river it's just a pull out enough for a couple of units follow the trail up and you will have to find the way through the trees at the top if there isn't any tracks that's fun in it's self. The bridge is half way between Allen and Chappel.:D:D:D

Stevo

Reaction score
Hey Steveo, whats the riding in Keyhole like, I've seen trucks parked there before and your right about limited parking....anyway, it the are simular to Clemina or more challenging?

It's quite similar to Clemina and much smaller. It's got three smallish bowl areas and it can be tough to get past the first bowl if the weather's bad. It's a great area though with a good mix of boondocking and hillclimbing. The hills aren't huge though and 4 sleds can beat the whole area up in one day.

We were there on Thursday and the snow was excellent, but the visibility was lousy. We had awesome riding in Clemina Friday and Saturday. We spent Fri. breaking trail into a secret spot and rode it and the meadows on Saturday.

O-roc and I breaking trail on Friday:

IMG_1863Medium.jpg

Back to the Oasis topic:

We rode it Sunday and it was excellent. The trail was pretty good too. Had to break the trail in past the last cutblock but it was fairly easy. Didn't go past the first bowl except to look at the line into the next one. Here's my Cat on the ridge between the first and second bowls.

IMG_1882Medium.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the weather is starting to turn on you dont get stranded in the second bowl it can be a b@#ch comming out in bad visibility

Top Bottom