Nytro Steering changes?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I am adding the Wildchild Steering relocater which relocates the steering up about 1 1/2" and the Wildchild Steering post. Im not sure If I should leave stock length or not. The stock length is 6" for the riser. I will be adding the CR 5" riser. Now if I order the post 1" longer it would be roughly the same as before. Or I can order the post stock length and order the CR-7" risers which would make it 1" more than stock. Also I dont want issues with extending wires and hoses either.. Any ideas from peeps that have this allready done?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on Steve go for it!!:beer:

Im probably going to buy one but its going to be stock. Just worried i will be disappointed in it this year until i can boost it in the off season.

Although the HP numbers are the same as my 01 summit 800 so it should feel close to the same.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
whats that kit going to cost? I was eyeing it up the other day if i was to buy a nytro.

hey steve.... If you have to ask how much, then you can't afford it.... Ask ron.... Think he's gots about $28000.00 into his turbo sled now??? Retail it would probably be closer to $38000.00 -- bit of an eye opener, eh? But, can you say booooooooost!

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to buy one, IMO you atleast need to change the track. The stock track is terrible. Murray has a 162 15 2.5 (I think) wide with no turbo and I was really impressed on how it climbed.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
if you are going to buy one, imo you atleast need to change the track. The stock track is terrible. Murray has a 162 15 2.5 (i think) wide with no turbo and i was really impressed on how it climbed.

ya, murrays raspberry nytro climbs very well.... I thought his was 16" wide track....aftermarket tunnel. Murray can make it run, that's for sure.

W

woodies

here's a 1.75 lift in my nytro makes a big difference in riding position
100_1229.jpg

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the looks of it you just put in that piece of aluminum between the cross member and the steering post and built those longer side brackets?

Or is this a kit someone makes?

NYTRO

Reaction score
here's a 1.75 lift in my nytro makes a big difference in riding position
100_1229.jpg
Did you have to do anything to the bottom of the steering shaft,where it is mounted to the frame, or did it pivot when you moved the handle bars forward? Did you also have to cut a notch in the shroud around the steering colum, the shroud that also houses the 12V adapter and the igintion, or does it not get in the way? I've heard this increases the feel of the machine and the riding stance is more rider friendly when standing.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I am adding the Wildchild Steering relocater which relocates the steering up about 1 1/2" and the Wildchild Steering post. Im not sure If I should leave stock length or not. The stock length is 6" for the riser. I will be adding the CR 5" riser. Now if I order the post 1" longer it would be roughly the same as before. Or I can order the post stock length and order the CR-7" risers which would make it 1" more than stock. Also I dont want issues with extending wires and hoses either.. Any ideas from peeps that have this allready done?
I did the same as Woodies and built my own. I used the CR post and his 5 inch risers. Everything worked perfect. I am 6 ft and no problems with too high or low.

W

woodies

no cutting,you will need to adjust skies makes them off center.the bottom bushing,i justs removed top then slightly bend the bolts down with bar over bolt all good.nice change for sure.

yami

Reaction score
Did you have to do anything to the bottom of the steering shaft,where it is mounted to the frame, or did it pivot when you moved the handle bars forward? Did you also have to cut a notch in the shroud around the steering colum, the shroud that also houses the 12V adapter and the igintion, or does it not get in the way? I've heard this increases the feel of the machine and the riding stance is more rider friendly when standing.

I built my own kit to, but instead of the big aluminum block i used a small round spacer. the purpose was so i could runn all cables and wires below the steering post and not have to butcher the plastic much. i even used the rubber piece after a little cutting. turned out to be a clean install for $5

Top Bottom