nytro shocks

powder79

Reaction score
are the clicker shock that the 09 nytro mtx has on them any good are do they need to change out to something else? what is a good after market exhaust that makes it sound a little more like a 2 stroke or some thing a little bit louder anyhow?

Kinda new to the after market world

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think the MTX comes with clicker shocks. Only the X-tx and the trail sleds. The mtx comes with crappy stock shocks. I sold my Fox Floats and went with Ohlins shocks. The stock G-tyr shocks off of the short track sleds are a good shock for the money. I know lots of guy using Hindle exhausts around here. Pretty loud though.

powder79

Reaction score
according to the yammaha site they do, just going off what I seen on the site! did my home work! its one of the changes :d

powder79

Reaction score
I dont think the MTX comes with clicker shocks. Only the X-tx and the trail sleds. The mtx comes with crappy stock shocks. I sold my Fox Floats and went with Ohlins shocks. The stock G-tyr shocks off of the short track sleds are a good shock for the money. I know lots of guy using Hindle exhausts around here. Pretty loud though.
with hindle exhaust do you gain horse power? any sound clips

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sound clips, but they are loud. As for the shocks I am looking at the US and Canadian websites and the only clicker they come with is on the rear suspension not on the front. The 40 mm SOQI HPG aliminums are not clicker shocks from what I see. If you want decent front shock you will have to get different ones.

From Yamaha USA site. Since you are from Iowa.

Aluminum HPG shocks
The FX Nytro MTX uses lightweight aluminum HPG shocks on the ProMountain CK 153 rear suspension. The front arm uses a standard shock, while the rear arm has a compression adjustable clicker shock to allow owners a range of suspension adjustability.

powder79

Reaction score
thus shock not shocks!!!!!!!!! i know nothing about clickers that is why I put up this post. thus Iam trying to learn. somewhat new to sledding

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep just in the rear. Ohlins are pretty pricey. If I would not have gotten Ohlins I would have went with the stock clicker shocks that come on the short track sleds.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
the best ohlins shocks $1680 cdn. with springs, rebound adjustable and compression adjustable.

fox float evo will be avaible in oct. with a new "R" model. a little lighter then the standard model cause it doesn't have a compression adjuster on it. but still rebound adjustable. good for the mtn guys.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.

Top Bottom