Nytro rear suspension help

nytro mtx

Reaction score
My nytro has 750 km on it, I switched the track this weekend and noticed that it sags down about 6 inches on it's own weight.
I have the front shock on its highest setting and the springs maxed out but it still sags
The rear shock "one with no coil" is it supposed to extend on it's own?
I unbolted it and it has no action , i can slowly push it in and out by hand, We have a Phazer also and the rear shock cannot be closed by hand, which leads me to belive that mine is blown.
Any help would be awsome

Thanx

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'll just mind my own business on this one!LOL!
catmando!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My nytro has 750 km on it, I switched the track this weekend and noticed that it sags down about 6 inches on it's own weight.
I have the front shock on its highest setting and the springs maxed out but it still sags
The rear shock "one with no coil" is it supposed to extend on it's own?
I unbolted it and it has no action , i can slowly push it in and out by hand, We have a Phazer also and the rear shock cannot be closed by hand, which leads me to belive that mine is blown.
Any help would be awsome

Thanx
Depending on how hard you`ve riden your sled the rear shock may need rebuilding. Also if you ride on the trails when they are whoop out you may notice the suspension just goes limp. It happen to steve`s sled when we where in Revy. He let it sit over night and the suspension was find the next day as long as we didn`t ride the whoops hard.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on how hard you`ve riden your sled the rear shock may need rebuilding. Also if you ride on the trails when they are whoop out you may notice the suspension just goes limp. It happen to steve`s sled when we where in Revy. He let it sit over night and the suspension was find the next day as long as we didn`t ride the whoops hard.

Yup happened to mine. it had no compression or rebound left after it warmed up a bit. i ended up buying a new one thats rebuildable as the stock one wasnt. i also had the others rebuilt. this was at 4200 km's though. you can push them in and out by hand but they should have resistance and should return to fully extended on its own.

to my knowledge the rear shock is not rebuildable on the nytro but i could be wrong.

nytro mtx

Reaction score
Yup happened to mine. it had no compression or rebound left after it warmed up a bit. i ended up buying a new one thats rebuildable as the stock one wasnt. i also had the others rebuilt. this was at 4200 km's though. you can push them in and out by hand but they should have resistance and should return to fully extended on its own.

to my knowledge the rear shock is not rebuildable on the nytro but i could be wrong.

Thanx guys the info is much appreciated, wonder if the shock is under warrenty?
Also anyone know where to get some heaver springs, I am 200lbs without gear and from what I've been reading the stock springs are a little light for my weight .Apex springs maybe?

I ride mountain bikes and when I get a new ride the shop sets up the bike with the right spring front and rear for my weight.Wondering why don't the sled shops do this , instead of trying to get me to purchase new springs for 450.00 and pissing me off, A month after getting my sled.

Thanx again for the reply
Dwayne

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i kno u can get stiffer rear springs i just went and investigated the same issue with my buddies phazer mtx and yamaha does offer stiffer springs with a 6-1 ratio with a few more wraps and a different spring angle that is more aggressive so i would assume that the same is available for the nytro but i was chattin with the guys from the dealership and they fixed that problem on an apex by changing the front shock and spring out so check with a dealer aswell

Top Bottom