Not good news!

country_shorty88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rest In Peace Tommy and Curtis.

Tom will miss you my fellow Kin, Family friend and IGA Coworker.

THIS IS POSTED ON FACEBOOK... :( :

Kinsmen Club of Ponoka

15 hrs ·

It is with great sadness that we inform you that Tom Hamilton has been found and is no longer with us. With this the family can now have closure and move on to the long process of healing. Please keep the entire Hamilton family in your prayers throughout this very difficult time. We will post further information throughout the week as it becomes available to us.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The Rocky Mountain Goat News

By: Frank Green & Laura Keil
Two men survived an avalanche near on the Lower Dore Mountain Range near McBride, but their two friends did not.
Police say on the morning of Saturday March 21st, four men from Alberta were snowmobiling on the Lower Dore Mountain Range near McBride.
An avalanche was triggered and three of the four were caught by it. One man was able to dig himself out immediately. The third man was dug out by the other two survivors but he had died. The two survivors were not able to locate the forth individual so they went for help.
RCMP say at the time, the search and rescue team (SAR) deemed the conditions in the area to be too dangerous to attempt a search and recover effort.
The following morning, Search and Rescue, the Coroner Service and local resources implemented a recovery plan. The first deceased man was removed by long line helicopter and once the avalanche technicians deemed the area to be safe, the second deceased man was located a short distance from the first in approximately 15 feet of snow.
The victims have been identified as 29-year-old Tom Hamilton of Ponoka and 36-year-old Curtis Fries of Sherwood Park.
RCMP have handed over the case to the BC Coroners.
A man at the McBride Hotel said that patrons at the Gigglin’ Grizzly Pub – which is popular with snowmobilers – had a moment of silence for the deceased Saturday night.
Locals said a snowmobiler was last killed in the area two years ago, when two people plunged into a ravine thinking it was a jump.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP. I hate this waiting game we always have to play with the names. I understand and agree it is respectful to all involved but hate knowing I have friends out there and not knowing if it was one of them or not. Sorry to all here that knew the riders. It is a tough time for sure.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew the names when I posted. I didn't want to post until I knew the names. Just trying to be respectful

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine posted on facebook he was with them they were burried and not recovered. RIP
Our thoughts and condolences to the families and friends of the two who were involved in this Our thoughts and condolences to the families and friends of the two who were involved in this tragedy

aocbiz

Reaction score
So sad!
It looks like the world lost a couple of great guys!
Sorry to hear this, condolences to family and friends and all who knew them.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the families, I see Curtis's pic he has an av pack on, mustn't have been able to get it deployed, or it wasn't enough to keep him on top?

TommyV

Reaction score
Tommy and Curtis. RIP. You will be missed by us all. To the families our prayers are with you all

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom