NOS on 2012 800 etec

lucky7

Reaction score
Anybody running nos on a 2012 800 etec. If so is it worth it. Any feed back is appresated good or bad.

Summit69

Reaction score
Dont know personally of anyone running it on an etec as of yet, but I do know from my experience that the added performance does help and is pretty fun.

I run the boss noss kit on my '09 with just the 40hp shot.

zgrizz

Reaction score
Just bought or should I say ordered a boss system for my 09. If I would have know the kind of B.S. I would have to put up with with Boss I would have prob went with a boondocker kit. Will see if it ever gets here!:confused: Any tips on installation summit 69? Where did you mount your injectors?
cheers.

Summit69

Reaction score
I mounted my injectors on top of the carb boots (between carb and reeds) and out of the way of the secondary shaft. I took my secondary out and pretty well stripped the sled right down when I did it for routing of lines ease. I also slid some vacuum hose over the plastic fuel and nos lines during the install in areas where it was tight, just to prevent any possible rubbing issues. I have a few pics on my phone, ill try and put them up on here but I can take more if you would like/need.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
nitrous on the Etec is not recomended till someone gets it figgured out .... in testing the sled goes rich after 5 or so seconds on the nos Boss is working on a new kit for the etec but not ready yet ...... boondocker and boss kits in stock in Edmonton .... www.specialtysleds.com

Summit69

Reaction score
Heres some pics of my install:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 288
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 296
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 293
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 288

Summit69

Reaction score
It is an 800r maxwell, I was just posting pics for "zgrizz". I maybe couldve started a new thread... :eek:

Summit69

Reaction score
have you used that system yet? any results? always had good luck with boondockers havent tried that setup.

Yes I have used it, only burned 1 bottle through so far (just put it on this season). Works good, gain about 3-400rpm with the 40 shot. I have 2 others that I ride with that run the system and they like it too. Just gotta watch your rpm/clutching because if you dont have your rev limiter removed, youll bounce off that easily.

Works good though so far!

zgrizz

Reaction score
Thanks Summit69!!!! So are you sunning at around 8100 off the button and 8500is on?
Just curious about the rev limiter being removed, as Right now, I can pull 8550? So the tach says anyways.
So is that just silicone or jb weld holding the injectors in place?

Summit69

Reaction score
Ya I usually try to keep my rpm around 8-8100 on clicker 3-4 (that's been the best ramp setting and weight combo for me) and if I spray on hard pack it will hit the limiter shortly and hold at around 8500rpm. In the deep and on hard pulls, it doesn't over rev. And it's silicone on the injectors.

zgrizz

Reaction score
Hey Summit69 one last question. Did you put a spacer under your det sensor? I Had a lot of problems with Boss and not getting all the parts in the kit. The spacer was one of the missing pieces. Is it just a rubber washer that goes between the head cover and sensor?

Summit69

Reaction score
Shoot me a pm with your email address, I emailed Boss Noss regarding the same issue and they were quite helpful. I'll forward the email to you. And yes I did put a rubber washer between my knock sensor and my head.

zgrizz

Reaction score
Well finally go got my boss noss system ( after finding parts around town that boss never sent with the kit and were supposed to) in and had a chance to try it out on the weekend.
Lets just say the first day didnt start off so well. After installing my kit I noticed that the bottle was very close to the can on my 800r. I called Kerry from Boss and asked him if this was going to be a problem. He informed me that thats normal and that the bottle can be touching the can and it wont be a problem.
Well after 20km down the trail pfffft! The release valve went on the bottle letting out all the NOS! The can burnt through the coating on the bottle into the Carbon fiber! Talk about P*&&ed off! Especially after talking to Boss and stating my issues.
luckily I did have another bottle. I put 2 crushed beer cans and some foam in between the bottle and the can. This seemed to keep it cool enough.
Well needless to say I had a chance to try out the 2nd bottle (good thing I had cause couldnt find anyone in Golden who re fills NOS) and I wasnt blown away.
I wasnt expecting arm wrenching performance, but was expecting some gains. Needless to say I could accomplish the same results by increasing my clickers and uping my rpm's.
So before I give up on this I am going to get my rev limiter taken out and try a little different gearing option.
Just thought I would let it out in case anyone else was thinking of going this route.
Oh and Boss wont send me another bottle!

Top Bottom