no start issue with my 2011 m8 hcr

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sleds all back together and purring like a ... like a CAT. throttle response seems to be way better then it was previous to the no start. got lucky with echo cycle they got their order of stock reeds in today, otherwise i had no choice but to buy the v-force which i really didn't want to do as there is a lot of talk about them in the m's and people dont seem to like them.

so a new set of plugs and reeds and now im ready for sunday so i can test everything out.

by the way tested the stater and injectors in the 2k ohms setting got 183 on the stater and 012 on both injectors

Last edited:

Dakine879

Reaction score
Thanks for the info mallard....i just bought a new to me 2011 M8 sno pro so i'll watch for the symptoms...seems like this might be a problem that many 2011 M8 riders have experienced.

Play more

Reaction score
Just did mine and found the same chipping on the 4 peddle stockers. Was told to go to a set of M1000 2 peddle as they are less prone to chip. Tried them and they work great. (Options)

craptabulous

Reaction score
I put 6k on m1000 reeds with no chips , if they fit the m8 and they have the same throttle response i would go with them .

Plastic reeds usually do little or no damage to the engine when they break , the old steel ones on the other hand could make a mess

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did mine and found the same chipping on the 4 peddle stockers. Was told to go to a set of M1000 2 peddle as they are less prone to chip. Tried them and they work great. (Options)

too late for me now but i'll keep that in mind for later.
now that its part of the thread anyone else that is searching for infomation will be able to see it
the more good info on the net the better nothing worse then having a problem, then having to sift though mountains of crappy info to find that little bit of the good stuff

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thats hard to say. the sled always acted funny right from the day i bought it in oct 2012(i just thought thats the way the hcrs ran). it would always stumble on first take off after starting the sled(even when warm)...if i started the sled when warm and let it idle for 1-2 mins it would take off no problem but if i started it and took off right after it would hesitate till 5000rpm(ish...clutch engages at 4100) then all would be normal even if i stopped, as long as i didn't shut it off it acted normal.... but the last two trips when i would take off after starting it, sometimes it would hesitate longer and make a really weird sound ...id liken it to the sound your lips make when when your brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbing while vibrating your lips.(lol) then last weekend the sled would not start at all just flood out after 1 pull. so the nice people of s&m suggested to check reeds and they were bang on!!

i bought the sled at 3300km it now has 4000km no idea on the hours
How many miles/hours when this started?

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have a 2011 sno pro with 1400 miles so hopefully good until end of season.

just to play devils advocate 1400 miles is 2250 kms... just sayin. also make sure to check your diamond drive bearing at least once a season

Last edited:
Top Bottom