Newbie here

cbr_shawn

Reaction score
I'm a fairly ne rider looking at buying a new sled this year.I want to do some mountain sledding cause i've seen the videos and pics and it looks so awesome.Is there a bunch of guys that will go out and help out a green horn getting some experience in the mountains?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I'm a fairly ne rider looking at buying a new sled this year.I want to do some mountain sledding cause i've seen the videos and pics and it looks so awesome.Is there a bunch of guys that will go out and help out a green horn getting some experience in the mountains?

Lookin at your avatar..... Don't think any boys from Edmonton are going to rush to your aid !!! LOL! :D :)

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Join a club that has one or more mountain rides booked for the year - that's how I got started out. Check for clubs. This is often the best bet. Not only will they take you, you will meet others and get more rides in.

Tri-county, Fort sask snow angles, and spruce grove trail seakers are all near town. Some have events listed, others have a number you can call to talk about rides. I don't think stergoen is operating any more, sherwood park is not either. You can also join more than one (cheep to join the rest after you have bought the trail pass with one of them). Clubs can give you a ton of info, riding experence, contacts and they don't ask for much money to do it.

Hooking up with some guys on here can work to if you can find a group willing to take you and take it easy for you. Some guys get all pumped up and might take you into stuff that's going to scare the cr*p out of a newbie.

And of course you can always ask lots of questions on here. Just don't go off on your own or with only other newbies. It's a very enjoyable sport and reasonable managable risk (even quite safe depending on where you go) when done properly but can be very unpleasent and likey dangerous or even lethal when not. And there is lots to learn about being in the hills.

Top Bottom