New world record

Sammy

Reaction score
We'll not sure if this is a record or not. Had a new windshield put in the Duramax today, approximately 5 minutes of driving and ping..............Arrrrrrrrrg. Star cracked and ready to spread out like a road map. Usually can get a few weeks out of a new windshield before it is chipped. Hate changing them this time of year but didn't have a choice this time.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I been holding off on replacing mine cause I know that will happen. I only been holding off for about 3 years now! Lol

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Took me 4 years of waiting for 1 more bad one. The worst part is I never had a bad one while waiting so finally decided to get new this sept.. So far so good.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that sucks. new pickup off the lot in st albert at hodgsons and didn't make it to riverside and rock right in my view. 120,000 k and no other chips. What a po that can be

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yikes. That's why I'm still driving my cracked windshield 16 months after it happened.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swear the new glass is super cheap! My last windshield got a nice chip the first week, and now 50 000km later my windshield is do damn sandblasted it's hard to drive in the sun!!

Sent from my iPhone using

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I swear the new glass is super cheap! My last windshield got a nice chip the first week, and now 50 000km later my windshield is do damn sandblasted it's hard to drive in the sun!!

Sent from my iPhone using

I agree with that statement, never stand up like factory one.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was surveying the Elk River Road in the 90's I did 3 windshields in 3 days. The glass shop in Drunken Valley loved me. All big smashers right through the window from pit-run caught in truck duals.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll not sure if this is a record or not. Had a new windshield put in the Duramax today, approximately 5 minutes of driving and ping..............Arrrrrrrrrg. Star cracked and ready to spread out like a road map. Usually can get a few weeks out of a new windshield before it is chipped. Hate changing them this time of year but didn't have a choice this time.

Rush in while it's still clean and get it repaired, depending on the crack, I've had some fixed and you cant see them....

Theres an outfit in Nisku/Leduc that does good work and is cheap.....last time there it was $10.00 a crack....

Auto Glass Solutions
Address: 7611 Sparrow Dr, Leduc, AB T9E 0H3 Phone:(780) 986-1600

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I had a new windshield put into my old '06 dodge 3500 and never even got half block away and a rock from a dumptruck in the oncoming lane cracked the brand new windshield..... Half a frickin' block!!! Heavy traffic, couldn't even get his asga # or business name... Nothing!!! Bastage!!!!!

Sammy

Reaction score
A little apprehensive on trying to repair it. The last time I had a crack repair done it did more damage. I will check with the glass outfit to see what they have to say on the repair. I have to agree on the cheaper glass these days, they never seem as durable as the OEM windshields.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If you're in the sherwood park area ever, there is a guy out here reknown for his window repair abilities.... He does big rigs to classics to collectibles..... Probably best there is and uses a no dilling award winning system, he's licensed and insure and does winter repairs .... Call or text him ...... 780 217 6796, dannydesanko@gmail.com

Sammy

Reaction score
If you're in the sherwood park area ever, there is a guy out here reknown for his window repair abilities.... He does big rigs to classics to collectibles..... Probably best there is and uses a no dilling award winning system, he's licensed and insure and does winter repairs .... Call or text him ...... 780 217 6796, dannydesanko@gmail.com

Thanks Summitric, will give him a shout and see what he has to say.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually go with the OEM (Carlite) in my fords....seem to take a hit better than the ****ty jobbers ones, and they're only ~$150 more.

Top Bottom