New Truck

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a new truck, the current truck i have is to small.

I went to the dealership and spotted this truck.

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0120f.jpg

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab

Featured Equipment
Ground Effects Including Carbon Fibre Dash, Gauge Insert, Seat Crests, Exterior Decals, Nerf Bars and Box Rail Bars valued at $2400.00
Options
DEEP TINTED GLASS (AJ1)
COLOUR-KEYED CARPETING W/FRONT/REAR VINYL MATS (REQ: __B Trim) (B30)
REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER (C49)
LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL (G80)
3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO (GT4)
INTEGRATED TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER (REQ: Z82 HD Trailering Special Equipment) *May not be suitable for some electric/hydraulic trailer brake systems. Check w/trailer manufacturer for specific requirements.* (JL1)
ENGINE BLOCK HEATER (K05)
CRUISE CONTROL (K34)
DUAL 125-AMP ALTERNATORS (REQ: LMM Engine) (K76)
6.6L DI V8 DURAMAX DIESEL ENGINE -inc: dual 730 CCA batteries, engine block heater (LMM)
6-SPEED AUTOMATIC ALLISON TRANSMISSION W/OD (REQ: LMM Engine) (MW7)
SKID PLATES -inc: shields for engine, trans, front differential & transfer case (NZZ)
SPARE TIRE LOCK (SAF)
XM SATELLITE RADIO -inc: 130 channels of digital quality sound w/coast-to-coast signal coverage, AM/FM stereo w/CD/MP3 player *Includes (3) free trial months beyond which service fees apply* (U2K)
HIGH IDLE SWITCH (REQ: K34 Cruise Control) (UF3)
AM/FM STEREO W/CD/MP3 PLAYER -inc: aux input jack, seek/scan, digital clock, auto tone control, speed compensated volume, TheftLock, RDS, (6) performance speakers (US8)
WIRING TRAILER PROVISIONS FOR CAMPER, FIFTH WHEEL OR GOOSENECK TRAILER -inc: additional 8-way wiring harness routed to front of pickup box (REQ: Z82 HD Trailering Special Equipment) (UY2)
FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNTING PROVISIONS *STD on vehicles shipped to BC, MB, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, ON. Optional for vehicles shipped to AB, PE, QC, SK, YT.* (VK3)
HD TRAILERING SPECIAL EQUIPMENT -inc: hitch platform, 2.5" hitch receiver w/2" adapter, 7-lead wiring harness, 7-way sealed connector (N/A w/VF7 Rear Bumper Delete) (Z82)

They want 69000, before the deals that are advertised. I dont think that is a good deal for this market. What do you guys think i can go down to. If you are a truck salesman in western Canada im open to offers to a truck very close to this.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents....If I were looking at a new truck, I woulden't be looking at a new truck. I'd be eying the 1-2 year old low km trade in's or private sales... given the economic downturn and unfortunate loss of jobs there are a lot of guys who can't afford to keep the 60-70K trucks they have recently purchased and depreciation is so rapid on those big ticket units that after 1 year and 20000km the truck is worth 20k less than new and some guys would be more than happy to take a loss just to dump the payment.

69K sounds like a lot of dough when all you hear about is how favorable the maket is supposed to be for consumers.

Good luck whatever you decide....I love car/truck/toy shopping.

Bogger:beer:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they're still charging close to $70k for a new truck!!

I can't see it on the window sticker, but I hope that one has leather.

I found this on canadatrader.com. There are basically no differences between 08s and 09s and this one has some extras too. 24000k is barely breaking in this motor, and you save $25k. That's $1000 a month for an extra 2 years.
2008 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500HD LTZ DIESEL, 24000 km, 4x4, desert metalix brown with cashmere leather int, with Z71 off road package, bull bar, step bars, spray in box liner, chrome mud flaps & canopy, interior package protection and under body spray, mainly highway kms, 2 yr XM radio subscription, got new job with company truck, need to sell, $45000.

AutoTrader - Cars LEDUC Light Truck & SUVs - 2008 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500HD - Vehicle Details

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah im also considering used also but i can never find what im looking for

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah im also considering used also but i can never find what im looking for

I'll never buy brand new again, leased through my company for yrs but, when I used to purchase to own as I am now again, it'll be a yr or 2 older!....just my 2 cents :d

ps. I would refrain from purchasing in Peace River as well :)

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldent go over 55g for it its a stock truck, no lift or rims and tires.
look in the paper lots of leathered out chev's bran new for 50g and 0%

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i was looking at the same truck at hunter motors in athabasca and my price was $55000 cash price so i hope this helps

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
My hubby took almost 3 months to find the truck he wanted for the price he wanted to pay. Mind you he is a mechanic which makes it easier for him. Got it for a song, put a few grand into it, new paint(did it himself) its like new. Even if we had the money we would NEVER buy new, it is a total waste of hard earned money.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new trucks are still stupidly priced$$$$$$, good luck shopping!!!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they're still charging close to $70k for a new truck!!

I can't see it on the window sticker, but I hope that one has leather.

I found this on canadatrader.com. There are basically no differences between 08s and 09s and this one has some extras too. 24000k is barely breaking in this motor, and you save $25k. That's $1000 a month for an extra 2 years.
On a diesel for a one year old take of betwwen 17 &20,000.00 for the first year minimum!!!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldent go over 55g for it its a stock truck, no lift or rims and tires.
look in the paper lots of leathered out chev's bran new for 50g and 0%
The deisel fords were advertised for about $45,500.00 to 46,900.00 and that was for a Lariat leather.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like way way too much for a truck today - it's not 2008 it's 2009 now (you can tell your dealer I said that :d; you can also tell them you didn't want to buy the whole company, just one truck...). I would expect to see that closer to $50 as well.

Plus, like others said, buy something 2 years old if you can get someone to realize it's probably worth only half what they paid for it two years ago. The used market is pretty poor. With a record number of vehicles coming off lease this year (50% or so more than last year) and with consumers hanging on to their vehicles a lot longer cause of the down turn, the used market should be about as expensive as buying used dirt. A little patience and I think you might see a lot more stuff come on the market in the summer. Wait for them to get a bit more desperate, the prices will come down as people realize it won't move.

Plus it's a chev...not to start a sh*t storm in here but it has the smallest cab of the three, I thought you wanted something bigger? :p

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a really nice Diesel out at Murray's Chev by the Nisku truck stop. New, Lifted, Loaded, rims, tires and a bunch of other aftermarket stuff and I thought the price was around 50G but can't recall for sure. Couldn't find any ads for it but I drool as I drive by and see it everyday on the way to work.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus it's a chev...not to start a sh*t storm in here but it has the smallest cab of the three, I thought you wanted something bigger? :p

i have a regular cab short box 1500 silverado 4.8 gas. so anything is going to be bigger. im a chevy guy i know the truck

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Six months ago I bought an '07 3/4 ton chev dmax cc LB 4x4 LS (cloth & mechanical transfer case) w/ 29,000km for $34,800. A buddy just bought a brand new chev 2500 cc sb 4x4 dmax LT (leather full load, no nav but with sunroof) for $52k.

I'd bet you could do better than that now.

Enjoy the new truck!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
i have a regular cab short box 1500 silverado 4.8 gas. so anything is going to be bigger. im a chevy guy i know the truck

Another place you might want to try is Competion Chev Olds in Stony Plain. They seem to kick everyones butt on price. :beer::):beer:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking to buy a new truck, the current truck i have is to small.

I went to the dealership and spotted this truck.

http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0120f.jpg

2009 chevrolet silverado 2500hd 4wd crew cab

featured equipment
ground effects including carbon fibre dash, gauge insert, seat crests, exterior decals, nerf bars and box rail bars valued at $2400.00
options
deep tinted glass (aj1)
colour-keyed carpeting w/front/rear vinyl mats (req: __b trim) (b30)
rear window defogger (c49)
locking differential (g80)
3.73 rear axle ratio (gt4)
integrated trailer brake controller (req: Z82 hd trailering special equipment) *may not be suitable for some electric/hydraulic trailer brake systems. Check w/trailer manufacturer for specific requirements.* (jl1)
engine block heater (k05)
cruise control (k34)
dual 125-amp alternators (req: Lmm engine) (k76)
6.6l di v8 duramax diesel engine -inc: Dual 730 cca batteries, engine block heater (lmm)
6-speed automatic allison transmission w/od (req: Lmm engine) (mw7)
skid plates -inc: Shields for engine, trans, front differential & transfer case (nzz)
spare tire lock (saf)
xm satellite radio -inc: 130 channels of digital quality sound w/coast-to-coast signal coverage, am/fm stereo w/cd/mp3 player *includes (3) free trial months beyond which service fees apply* (u2k)
high idle switch (req: K34 cruise control) (uf3)
am/fm stereo w/cd/mp3 player -inc: Aux input jack, seek/scan, digital clock, auto tone control, speed compensated volume, theftlock, rds, (6) performance speakers (us8)
wiring trailer provisions for camper, fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer -inc: Additional 8-way wiring harness routed to front of pickup box (req: Z82 hd trailering special equipment) (uy2)
front license plate mounting provisions *std on vehicles shipped to bc, mb, nb, nl, nt, ns, nu, on. Optional for vehicles shipped to ab, pe, qc, sk, yt.* (vk3)
hd trailering special equipment -inc: Hitch platform, 2.5" hitch receiver w/2" adapter, 7-lead wiring harness, 7-way sealed connector (n/a w/vf7 rear bumper delete) (z82)

they want 69000, before the deals that are advertised. I dont think that is a good deal for this market. What do you guys think i can go down to. If you are a truck salesman in western canada im open to offers to a truck very close to this.
hi bigz64 i m a snow mobiler like u my name is marcel martin at smyl motors st.paul ab 1 800 522 4105 toll free i seen your blog is the unit u r looking for cloth or leather call me and i will try and get u the best deal with no bs ok we sell gm and chev i have a 2008 polaris 800 dragon marcel

Top Bottom