New to this site and new to the sport

Klbart

Reaction score
A quick hello form me to you, im from central alberta, new to the sport of sledding. I'm 6' 8" and not sure what machine would be the best for me.

Klbart

Reaction score
Revelstoke, and just starting so about 6000. still have to get a beacon and dont know what the best is for that

Klbart

Reaction score
thanks Trashy, i looked at an 08 dragon turbo from Hm Turbos, just wondering if thats a good buy.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your considering a turbo, I highly recommend Neil at Boost-It.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You have lots of decisions to make and have found a good place for help in making same. I don't know if I would risk buying a $6000 turbo.......just saying :snow:[/
Yes don't doo it,

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If u never been mountain sledding u might consider renting a couple few times and see if u like the machines. I've seen a couple people try it and it just wasn't there thing. Also I have seen two dragons with broken cranks. I would avoid them. Especially a 6k turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the Polaris dragon 800 & 900, the skidoo SDI 1000, 2007 skidoo Rev and the 2008 Skidoo XP (same early power tek 800) and the Yamaha RX1(because they are tanks. The Apex mountain, which replaced it, is a better 1000cc 4-stroke)

They've all had their issues, and lots of guys will probably argue these ones mentioned, but these are my opinion of snowmobiles to avoid.

The 2003-2006 skidoo rev 800, the Polaris dragon 700, arctic cat M8, and Yamaha viper 700 or Mountain Max 700 would be some of the better sleds to look at, assuming they were maintained well.

As for being 6'8", you'll want bar risers and extended cables for a comfortable ride on any brand you buy.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom