New to the scene

MEHI800

Reaction score
Just bought a 08 Ski-doo 800 XP and first time ever riding a sled (besides the 2 hours I spent on a frozen lake I have 0 riding experience) I went up to McBride B.C. now I am hooked!!!

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!!:clap2:
Put your feet up and stay awhile:av-31:

Remember Safety First, don't put yourself in a position where you are going to feel uncomfortable on a machine with lots of power. Learn how to ride it first, where you are comfortable and you'll only get better and won't get hurt. That's a big machine for a first timer in the mountains, I'm not saying not to do it, I'm just saying respect it, and you'll get better and learn to love it, without putting yourself in a dangerous situation that you may not know how to get out of.
I was once a first timer also, but even now with years of riding experience I know my breaking point and will stop if I'm feeling uncomfortable.
Enjoy and Congrats
:skidoo::skidoo::skidoo:

MEHI800

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Yes lots of power for sure but I love it (go big or go home lol)...but I do respect it!!! I went with experianced guys who practically live on their sleds and I listened and watched before I did anything, by the second day I went into the back country and did some pretty long climbs and some technical stuff (for a beginner) with out any wrecks..so far so good (thanks to great instructors). And I totally agree safety first. You are right it will take time to get use to the machine since I used to dirt bike, and its completely different riding style. Thanks for the advice I will take it easy and not push my limits untill I know what I am doing.

Can't wait untill next season!!
SKI-DOO all the way!

Top Bottom