New To Cat

NYTRO

Reaction score
Just bought myself a new 2010 M8 SnoPro and I'm wondering if there is any issues with these sleds?

I got rid of my tank, '08 Nytro, for what I believe is a better sled. The Nytro was a money pit and hated the fact that when any time sensitive upgrades were available I wasn't contacted by the dealer or the manufacturer. So I always landed up with paying the bill for something that was free 6 months earlier. This is why I jumped ship and hope Cat is better in this manner.

Any input is appreciated

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the dream team....all your troubles are over!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of any jump out of the wood work issues.
Ditch the suitcase muffler. Add some vents.
Maybe a rage cage if you like to watch speedo, hard to read when you are standing.
Enjoy the ride.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too was a very loyal tank operator at one time, now I am cured..over my obsession with overly large and heavy things!...Yeah vent's is a good and quick up grade, the revalve kit from Nextech will really help with the ride/sag. Other then those few mods you'll have a blast with your new ride!:d

Taylzee

Reaction score
I too was a loyal Yammi guy. I tried to love the Nytro but just couldn't. Hopped on a friends M1000 and was calling Cat dealers the next day. Love my 2010 m8. The only couple things I've had to do would be cahnging the primary spring due to the stock one breaking and the diamond drive bearing (these seem to be the 2 most common things that cause issues). Once done you shouldn't have to worry about much other than keeping the front end down. After riding that 09 Nytro MTX for a year and hoping on the m8, I'm still waiting for the ride when I am tired from fighting the sled all day! I don't think that's going to happen on this thing. Super fun sled! Have fun!

Kruchy

Reaction score
Me as well. I tried to love Yamaha from '99 to 2009. I switched sleds during those years like I was changing shorts. I was always looking for something better out of Yamaha. Last year bought my first Cat and can not get enough riding. So far the only thing I have broke is the primary spring. I vented both side panels and put a gauge pod on (that helps for venting as well). Never gave the stock skis a chance. Put some sly dogs on and think they are ok for the amount of time they are on the snow. I got rid of the suitcase and put an HPS can on and love it. Have fun, how can you not?

woodym7

Reaction score
mbrp can, vents, primary spring and if you like to boondock then i suggest a dalton progressive helix....after that fill with fuel, ride and repeat........youll love it

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tweek your clutching, ditch the sutcase, vent, send Fox's to Nextech for the Burandt update and add a guage cage. Keep in mind that none of these mods are mandatory with these sleds they are just nice to have. Oh and change your user name.

Top Bottom