New snowchecks already arriving!!!!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Everywhere has some of them now.... And for the one MILLIONTH time lol... The serial numbers mean NOTHING!!!! Serial number 66..... there are like TEN of them that end in 000066. I should check if we are getting that one though lol.. give it to maxwell since its probably been $%^&ed with.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Everywhere has some of them now.... And for the one MILLIONTH time lol... The serial numbers mean NOTHING!!!! Serial number 66..... there are like TEN of them that end in 000066. I should check if we are getting that one though lol.. give it to maxwell since its probably been $%^&ed with.

so when should I start phoning you too see if mine is in yet?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tyler, you need to get your missus one also...I have a low mile 14' black/orange M8000 ltd for you...:D

She's got a 2012 Proclimb 800, custom wrapped by Spiralus. It's going to get E-start this year though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No one could f@&$ with it as bad as I'm going to. Give me your most f&$@@& up one that way I won't feel so bad doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes it's the sku letters that are important. The numbers designate how many made in that particular model.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Yes it's the sku letters that are important. The numbers designate how many made in that particular model.

Close... But also not true. For example... you could have a sled with a serial number like.... 2BPSVFEC7FE000001.... And you could have another one 2BPSVFEC8FE000001... The last six numbers really mean nothing. You could have TWO yellow 174 t3's that ended in 000100. actually you could have alot more than that. Look at a couple serial numbers... You will notice there are some letters that change also.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The 1st Digit represents the country. Typical snowmobiles will have a 1 or 4 if built in the U.S. or a 2 if built in Canada. They may also start with a “J” if manufactured in Japan. - The 2nd Digit represents the snowmobile’s manufacturer. Snowmobiles made by Arctic Cat will have a “U”. Yamaha snowmobiles are represented by the letter “Y”. Polaris sleds have the letter “X” and Ski Doo uses the letter “B”.
- The 3rd Digit indicates snowmobile type or manufacturing division which can vary.
- The 4th to 8th Digits, 5 digits that represent snowmobile attributes such as body style and engine type. Contact the manufacturer for all available options by year.
- The 9th Digit is a “check digit” which does not have anything to do with the snowmobile itself. The check digit is used to ensure that the VIN is legitimate, it is determined by the value of the 8 digits in front of it.
- The 10th Digit represents your snowmobile year, here is a handy chart.
snowmobile-year-codes.jpg

- The 11th Digit represents the assembly plant.
- The 12th to 17th digits stand for the number of units produced.
The check digit can be different but still having the last 6 digits the same

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah but if you get a serial number that ends in 000001, doesn't that make it the first one produced of that particular variation that year?

Top Bottom