New Rider looking for trails

dirtbikebitties

Reaction score
Hey...
I just bought a dirt bike kx 100 and am looking for places to ride around Edmonton. I'm orignally from Ontario and a new rider so I dont know the area well. I've only been out to some trails by the river valley leading to Devon and to a gravel pit outside the city. Can anyone tell me other places to ride within 1 hr travel distance from edmonton?? Any help would would be totally appreciated :)

Thanks!

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you were down 199th street, or in that area, it's pretty small down there but ok for a quick weekday evening ride. Range Road 24 West of the city on HWY 16 (commonly known as Hell's Half Acre) is alright too, just take a right turn onto RR24 and it's all the way to the end on the left is the staging area. Enoch is ok aswell, mostly sand dunes and trails and it is on 215 st I believe (but beware of cops). I checked out a new place this weekend right by the Shell/Scotford plant in Fort Sask -I've been to the bruderhiem area many times but this place is different and actually there are trails that lead from there all the way to Bruderhiem. The riding here is a combination of dirt/sand trails..can't remember exactly where we staged but we turned left onto the Shell refinery road off HWY 21 through Fort Sask, kept going once it turned into gravel road then not too far it turned right and there was a large grassy/sandy field and we pulled in and staged around there. If your into tracks there are a few tracks around as well. I'm always trying to go and check out new places, maybe we'll see ya around! I ride an 07' Yamaha YZ 85:)

Heli

Reaction score
Vega is another area but if you were to go i would make a day of it, about a 2hr drive from edmonton.

Bruderheim, but i have heard they are closing this area so i think you are out of luck, unless some one has been out there lately and can say otherwise?

Hells half acres? is that a large area, is it good for quadding? what does it consists of trails? sand? mud?

Top Bottom