New project SW

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The finished spindle ready to install.
I tried to load a video of the clearances after the modification but I couldn’t, I’m too stupid. Anyhow once I get this mounted I’ll post pictures of all the clearances.
C2449428-1819-4DB4-A25A-D446DEDA398A.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty pricey to set the belt gap.
Yeah not cheap but what is now a days…main purpose of it is not to set the gap …it’s to give the towers more rigidity and larger bushing to keep things aligned. See I guess. I figured if any clutch gets tortured the most would be the sidewinder due to the torque.

Reactions: zal

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The finished spindle ready to install.
I tried to load a video of the clearances after the modification but I couldn’t, I’m too stupid. Anyhow once I get this mounted I’ll post pictures of all the clearances.
View attachment 273855
Posted it for you.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did ask iceage about this blast they built. It has the exact same front end with older zbroz lowers they had laying around. He didn’t know much about as he wasn’t involved in the build.

80501546-5510-4045-883D-5204D3F0FA59.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shawn, sorry for the poor filming but I think you guy get the idea. I had one hand handling the phone while the other trying to pull up the shock LOL.
Anyhow, not to highjack your thread I wanted to show that the spindle may be modified to work with the Zbroz arms.
Interesting that Iceage put together a Blast using this combo, wondering if they ended up modifying or was this just a publicity stunt/photo shoot and it never hit the snow.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is for anything related to sidewinder mods. Have at it posting.

It sounded like they did have to modify but he wasn’t quite sure as he wasn’t involved.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm making those aware if you decided on using Zbroz like I did, make sure you check that once you torque the A-arms to the chassis that the arm moves up and down and that the bolt and bearing do not turn or move with the arm.
I found that both arms front mounts are not fitted properly and once torqued the bearing and bolt turn with the arm, this will eventually break the bolt or damage the mounts.
I found the arm bushing not pressed far enough, both sides and Zbroz did not account for bearing length.
The fix was to push the bushing in a little and file the ends till the bearing stuck out by a mm.
So now when you torque the bolt it locks on the bearing so the arm and bushing move and not the bolt and bearing..
BTW, Zbroz U SUCK.
C6EB272F-F450-43BE-88A7-6778EB40FAE1.jpeg

Last edited:

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Looks deadly mate! Well done! I have a feeling i will miss my Winder this season.....

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a Fourstrokes rollover valve with magnetic kill switch on mine. I have used them on many sleds with no issues.
I have found that the stock Yammy rollover valve still puked oil when on its side. Yes, I cleaned it often.

Who‘s kit uses a heated valve? Does the heat keep the condensation from happenin?

Last edited:

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This looks like it would work in the event of a frozen rov when starting sled. Goes from oil tank to valve cover.
IMG_1942.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got the secondary all back together….installed hi torque rollers and Dalton helix.

Belt drive shipping Nov ish.
IMG_1967.jpeg
IMG_1969.jpeg

Also have a BDX brake rotor and drive shaft coming. My current driveshaft it rusted and pitted really bad where the seal goes on the brake side. Figured I’d save a few lbs with the BDX stuff. Thx dragoneweld28 for the goods.
E1FD3699-E8F6-45EA-B8D4-D7710CCD0F0B.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting deep now. Figured since the jack shaft needs to come out might was well powder coat the inner case half black. Definitely some trickery to get that out.

Bearing on the jack shaft secondary side was toast. Hmmm only 800 miles on the sled.
IMG_1977.jpeg
IMG_1978.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom