New Nytro reviews

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Has anyone been out on a new yammie nytro yet looking for some reviews, thinking about buying one but would like some feedback from guys that have them. talked to one guy in valemont and he said no problems so far, he had a nos kit on it but he hadn't used it yet, I would like to know how it handles though.

been looking at a few after market sites. mcxpress builds a turbo kit that puts the nytro at 240hp (they say it ends up being really reliable hp). They say that the nytro accelerates harder than a 260hp apex and the apex has to really work to catch up.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was playin with a couple of those things in blue river.they look neat and are probably really reliable but they where along ways behind me on the hills.....not even close.:eek: Being an ex rx1 owner i just cant justify them. Just go buy a rev 800 ....i understand being pissed at the doo 1000 and the stator problems and all but the rev is the toy. Just my 2 cents cause ive tried them all. GL

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I think the nytro will be where sleds are going in the future, there is quite a few things that yamaha has to get figured out but I think 4 strokes in sleds are going to be like dirt bikes and take over. a four stroke is so much more reliable!

talked to a guy in Valemount he liked his thought the suspension was great but everyone seems to agree that the nytro needs a diet to lose a few pounds

Last edited by a moderator:

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you goto you tube, they have a turbo nytro vs turbo apex - sorry to ruin it for you but the nytro wins

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
key word being "turbo". I took a couple for a ride on the hill and they seemed to handle a little lighter in the front end but still heavy in the rear and you could definatley tell it only had 130 hp or so. Lighten it, turbo it and you'd have a killa or just go doo and kill right outa the box.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spent the weekend in Mcbride and had one in the group.Was not impressed,with a Turbo would likely be awsome,sounds cool but thats about it.Mountains means climbing,didnt seem to have enough jam,looked fun on the flats though!
catmando!

ssr78

Reaction score
well guys the nytro is not designed to be king of the hill out of the box its designed to be a good all around moutain sled and it is a GREAT all around sled with the 4 stroke dependability It also has the low end torque that you can not get out of a 2 stroke yes it has a few extra pounds but maybe we all do. it rides alot lighter than it is . I don't now how many miles are on the sleds you are ride'n with but the NYTRO doesn't start gettin in to it self till it has about 400 to 500 ks on it there are also a few things i have learned one is that the secondary needs to be tuned up a little(makes it stay a little higher reving on the big hills). And boys are your Sleds Piped etc. remember this is a first year sled we all will learn lots as the year goes by. you boys are all riding on well tuned sleds that have been around for awhile. i rode 2 strokes and raced them all my life. I know the pluse and the minus points to both 2 and 4 strokes. Next time you are out with the your buddies with the Nytro's swap sleds with them for an hour or so then see what you think. It took me a day of riding to appreciate this sled. Its a nice all around sled ,quiet powerfull and just alot of fun to ride. with the bonus of fuel injection elctric start and reverse. ALL the new sleds are great you just have to find the one that suits your needs. Have fun enjoy the snow . And remember SHARE THE RIDE Thats what its all about.

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I think alot of guys will have to adjust thier riding style to the nytro as well, I don't think climbing is going to be a huge issue, It isn't gonna scream up the mountain like a banshee it's gonna use the low end tourque and chug it's way up the mountain with a steady pull!

I would like to see the nytro a few pounds lighter but would like to jump on one and go for a ride. Does anyone know of any yamaha dealers having demo rides or of places that rent out yamahas

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with Whitecourt Yam. They were in Mcbride and let me ride one. I was impressed, thought they did very well. Rode like it was not a 500 lb machine. I know they are back in Mcbride at Christmas and would most likely like to demo one. Barry

Buster

Reaction score
Great post ssr78, their is a reason I have been a Yammi guy for 10 yrs because what you said. Yammis are not the badest hill climber but there is a "Peace of Mind" to riding all day with reliability and fuel milage ect. I loved yammi 2 smokes in the past and can't wait to ride the 4 stroke. The best thing is if you are bored with hp you have now, turbo it and by by problem prone mod sleds.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Check with Whitecourt Yam. They were in Mcbride and let me ride one. I was impressed, thought they did very well. Rode like it was not a 500 lb machine. I know they are back in Mcbride at Christmas and would most likely like to demo one. Barry

Yes we will be back in Mcbride 27,28,29 and Whitecourt Yamaha will have a demo out, look for the Yamaha rig and talk to Parker.

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Yes we will be back in Mcbride 27,28,29 and Whitecourt Yamaha will have a demo out, look for the Yamaha rig and talk to Parker.

Is it possible to schedule something with you guys I am not planning a trip for that weekend but I would be willing to drive up for a chance to ride it, I am hoping to sell my summit this month and purchase a new sled and have an eye on the nytro. is there anywhere that you know of that rents nytro's would be nice to get a day on one and a rental fee is no biggie to try before you buy!

IPNYTRO

Reaction score
Is it possible to schedule something with you guys I am not planning a trip for that weekend but I would be willing to drive up for a chance to ride it, I am hoping to sell my summit this month and purchase a new sled and have an eye on the nytro. is there anywhere that you know of that rents nytro's would be nice to get a day on one and a rental fee is no biggie to try before you buy!

Call Whitecourt Yamaha @ 1780-706-0926 and talk to kelly to set up a demo ride.Sunday dec 9 we are going ditch banging about 3/4 of a hr out of whitecourt.You can schedule a ride another time if you like.
Thanks Parker

IPNYTRO

Reaction score
Demoing new nytro and grizzly in Fox Creek Alberta Dec 6 2007.
Come for a ride.Demo nytro Dec 9 around Whitecourt.
[ditch bangen]Call Kelly 1-780-706-3306

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the nytro for a short spin in Fox Creek today, thanks by the way to the gentelman that let me take her for a spin (From the guy in the coveralls). Was really impressed with the way it handled and the linear power. Definately considering one next year.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking for a new nitro,my friend has one with 14km on it.
it's in the bargen finder, edmonton.he only rode it up to the cabin in frissby.
he has some extras on it already and is willing to deal.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been out on a new yammie nytro yet looking for some reviews, thinking about buying one but would like some feedback from guys that have them. talked to one guy in valemont and he said no problems so far, he had a nos kit on it but he hadn't used it yet, I would like to know how it handles though.

been looking at a few after market sites. mcxpress builds a turbo kit that puts the nytro at 240hp (they say it ends up being really reliable hp). They say that the nytro accelerates harder than a 260hp apex and the apex has to really work to catch up.
Why turbo a 600lb machine and get 240hp when you can turbo a 430 lb rev and get 220hp. do the weight to ratio.
just look around really hard at others before bying.I do think though that the nitro would make a reallygood ditch banger or racer since it dose have a hudge tough tunnel. just my 2 cents.

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Why turbo a 600lb machine and get 240hp when you can turbo a 430 lb rev and get 220hp. do the weight to ratio.
just look around really hard at others before bying.I do think though that the nitro would make a reallygood ditch banger or racer since it dose have a hudge tough tunnel. just my 2 cents.

the reason why you see so many turbo's on yamaha's is because they are four strokes. a two stroke engine can't take running a turbo for very long, sooner than later you will be rebuiling the two stroke over and over. and I have looked at what guys are doing, which sled gets a turbo more often a rev or an apex? the nytro is lighter than the apex therefore getting alot of attention from the turbo guys now. Being able to turn a key and ride without any problems and reliable horsepower seems like more fun than rebuilding my turboed rev twice a year. I could be wrong any guys running revs that have been turboed? if so has it been succesful?

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)AH i have been running not one but two turbos on my 1000 all season.
It all depends on how much you set the boost for,if you go crazy with it ya i can see anybody rebuilding before it's time.But being way lighter they dont need that much boost like a yamaha does.
Besides,for the more fun of riding something 150-200lb's lighter-same power,it ias well worth throwing a couple of bearings in maybe every 3rd season or so,they dont cost much for a 2 stroke and 2 strokes are cheaper to rebuild than a 4 stroke,just to let you know my brother has an apex with supercharger,so im not against them i just dont see why ride all that weight around now when you dont have to.:twocents:

Top Bottom