New Mud Pro... what do ya think?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sleds have more hp per cc because of a couple reasons. They are much higher revving engines and most are two strokes. Not many modded sleds top 250hp without a turbo or nos. There has been turbod can-am's and thundercats that hit over 250hp. turbos are pretty amazing if you get get everything tuned right. There is 950 thundercats putting out over 100 hp without turbos or nos. Speedwerx has what it takes to hit 100hp+. Quads engines are very detuned compared to sled engines.

'92 Banshee. 350cc Twin........9228 max Rpm@Max HP

MudPro

Reaction score
I have the new mud pro, It does not go as fast as alot of others, but as far as brute strength it is up there.Now i have only used in the snow and down trails etc. The one thing about it that stands out to me ,is that with the snorkel and the way the motor is built ,you you darn near have to wear earplugs, it is a very loud machine from stock. When i first rode it , I thought the thing was coming apart .Does not sound loud idling, wait till ya hit it.:d

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i was woundering i was lookin at pics of the snorkel set up on them mud pros and dose the the belt exaust blow back at you or did cat redirect that so you dont have that problem... i could deffinitly see it beein alot louder with the snorkel kit on it like any other atv with snorkels.

MudPro

Reaction score
It is directed down wards but i have not had any probs with exhausting from snorkel, and i have had the clutch housing HOT and its not spring yet.. I guess i'll know more when it warms up.. I'll have it at Ab Beach for the rally, more than welcome to take a gander.:d:d

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
atvmodster, where did you hear about a 1000 Mudpro? I would be interested in hearing more about it, because I work for a Cat dealer and I haven't heard anything from them about a 1000 Mudpro.

atvmodster

Reaction score
There is talk about it on the highlifter forums. The dealers in the states find out alot more about the cat quads then the dealers up hear. I had my thundercat ordered before many dealers in Canada even knew about the thundercat.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
With that much power and torque and with the same gearing, their warr. program might be a little tight.(snapped axles,shafts,tranny parts)
I heard that cat does not bevel cut their gears, more like square cut, is this true?

atvmodster

Reaction score
You are correct. I am in the process of installing these new straight cut gears. What a pain in the ars! I should of waited for my originals to crap out! I thought well my engine was out it was a good time to update them. All 09 cats should have them now.

RyanGSP

Reaction score
Somone mentioned they could drive over a 5gal pail. Do you got pictures for that? Im not questioning your honesty I just want to see a quad that can drive over a 5gallon pail!! HOLY CRAP!!

atvmodster

Reaction score
I do not have any pics of the pale on me. I can post a pic of it thow. Ill try to get a 5 gallon pale in there soon.

atvmodster

Reaction score
Unless im not seeing it you can only link pictures. Most sites you can put them into the post.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah its really esy to post pics on hear.... i can post it up for yeah if you like.. the best way i found to post a pic is click on quote button so it brings up another window then click on the paper clip thing that dose not got the globe on it ... just find the file you wanna load up and that should have her... I think .

Top Bottom