New Mud Pro... what do ya think?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya not sure man but for what he got his for and the thing broke in 100km. I wouldnt be to happy either. The axles are different according to the dealer out here that he bought from. Not sure if its true or not but he has 500km on it now with broken axles cause the dealer still doesnt have them in and his truck is in getting fixed(hit a cow). I know when i owned my Cat, the 2 rear axles and front diff went in 200 miles and then the tranny went at 900miles and they wouldnt cover me. But back to story, he hasent had any luck with his yet. But yes they are a cool Out of the box quad. They are kind of impressive for stock.

well, i can only speak for my experience and ive only had one customer out of 20 mudpros that broke axles, and it was covered. sounds like theres more to the story than that?

On the note of your arctic cat, how old was it, as they were bouncing back between 6 and 24 months warranty, it doesnt seem the norm not to have that covered by warranty, unless you had six months warranty and at 200 miles it was 2 yrs old, theres always a limit on how long the manufacturers,(cat in this case) will extend coverage if your out of warranty period, There is usually something that can be done at the dealer level maybe not full warranty but partial, it all depends on the situation.

I would recommend to your friend that he DOES NOT drive it if the axles are broke or out of it, as this may cause more damage that will not be covered. He can always contact another dealer and get a second opinion. or call the manufacturers customer line. Their phone numbers can be easily found on line.

ps sorry about his luck with the cow, what color was it?...lol

Terry

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, i can only speak for my experience and ive only had one customer out of 20 mudpros that broke axles, and it was covered. sounds like theres more to the story than that?

On the note of your arctic cat, how old was it, as they were bouncing back between 6 and 24 months warranty, it doesnt seem the norm not to have that covered by warranty, unless you had six months warranty and at 200 miles it was 2 yrs old, theres always a limit on how long the manufacturers,(cat in this case) will extend coverage if your out of warranty period, There is usually something that can be done at the dealer level maybe not full warranty but partial, it all depends on the situation.

I would recommend to your friend that he DOES NOT drive it if the axles are broke or out of it, as this may cause more damage that will not be covered. He can always contact another dealer and get a second opinion. or call the manufacturers customer line. Their phone numbers can be easily found on line.

ps sorry about his luck with the cow, what color was it?...lol

Terry

Well he has called the dealer he bought it from and another dealer that is another 20 minutes away and neither of them have axles for his mud pro. I know the dealer he bought from has sold 15 mud pros(so they told us when he bought it) ans the owner has one also on 32" silverbacks. But the dealer told him that out of the 15 he has sold that 4 plus his have come back for rear axles. I guess the problem is that some of the mud pros got sent out with a bad batch of axles. I guess the CV joints did not get the required amount of grease or something and they just racket/clunk when he turns. It still drives fine and such but just makes some noice when he turns. Im not saying its a POS, maybe he got a lemon.

But on another not, when i had my 2004 AC 500I, the rear diff and axles went on it with stock tires and rims. I took it in and they deniyed me warranty(Ralphs Arctic Cat in Calgary) So i told him to keep the quad then and ill just go buy a different make. Next thing i knew it was covered(service guy was a prick). So about 1 year after that, we were out quading and all of a sudden my quad just started making a bad grinding noise. So we stopped and shut it down. Started it back up and it did it in every gear. So i took it in to the same dealer, and they said that it was abuse and they would not cover it.(900 miles and the quad was still in good shape, i just rode the thing) So after they diognosed the problem, they quoted me 4500 to fix it. So i just ended up selling the quad off for parts.(apparently it was only 800 for the parts, the rest was labor) And the worst of it all was the quad still had another 6 months of warranty but they said it would not be covered.

Since then, i have had a bad taste about Cat and will not support them or there products. I ave since switched to Kawi and have had excellent customer service for the most part. Maybe it was just the dealer but i dont think i would ever buy from them or buy another cat after the problems i had with mine. Maybe it was a lemon, i dont know. But once i sold my cat i got a brute force and put 5000km on it with no problems, so im not to sure what to say.

O and btw, as for the warranty thing, When i bought my cat it came with 2 years full coverage included and a warn winch. It seemed like a good deal, but kind of turned into a bad experience for me.:rant:

redneckplumber

Reaction score
i decided to stop at the new arctic cat dealership today and saw the mud pro and it is sick! i love it. im goin for a test run on it tomorrow. 14 inches of ground clearance bush bumper front and back and snorkel...might just have to spend the money lol

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i decided to stop at the new arctic cat dealership today and saw the mud pro and it is sick! i love it. im goin for a test run on it tomorrow. 14 inches of ground clearance bush bumper front and back and snorkel...might just have to spend the money lol

Did you see the metallic green 700? or the white metallic 1000????

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
must be a dealer thing, we have no problem getting axles, there acutually the same as the new 700 s i think there starting to standardize them...which would be could, just took a new zero mile mudpro to the pull offs in grass land got 2nd in the 700 only thing that stopped it was it wasnt heavy enough, lost out to a guy with a blade, and 100 lbs on me, but it was a blast im sure with a bit of clutching and a little wider tire it would have got the traction it needed, we did a full pull with 1100 pounds, and 1250 pounds to 90 ft for a second... the guy who won the seven hndred class also got second in the 800,,so it wasnt his first pull,,,that s my excuse,,i ll be ready next time...lol

terry

**IMO** So u r a tech at ttpowersports? Im pretty sure ur ac rep has seen that u dont know how to break in a brand new motor. And im sure u screwin the dealer u work for. Do u always take brand new machines out with ZERO kms and put it in a quad pulls, derbies, mud pits? Nevere heard of a tech that punished a brand new machine with ZERO kms on it. I guess ur a new breed. Hopefully that machine is ur new demo. **IMO**

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
**IMO** So u r a tech at ttpowersports? Im pretty sure ur ac rep has seen that u dont know how to break in a brand new motor. And im sure u screwin the dealer u work for.. Do u always take brand new machines out with ZERO kms and put it in a quad pulls, derbies, mud pits? Nevere heard of a tech that punished a brand new machine with ZERO kms on it. I guess ur a new breed. Hopefully that machine is ur new demo.
**IMO**

And im sure u screwin the dealer u work for
Actually, he is the owner -- and has been for 18 years. Just sayin..
Do u always take brand new machines out with ZERO kms and put it in a quad pulls, derbies, mud pits? Nevere heard of a tech that punished a brand new machine with ZERO kms on it. I guess ur a new breed. Hopefully that machine is ur new demo.
How do you know what a new machine has in it if you just drive around the parking lot? How can you tell a guy "this is a good unit" if you have never tested it?
That is why they demo units, to learn them, test them and be able to tell the customer what is good, bad or other... I'd be thankful... IMO

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
settle down, its a forum. And i know there is a time and place for that.
I demo quads, i properly break them in before they actually become the demo that everyone rides on weekends. Some dealrships r parkin lots, some aren't. Im just goin to stop now cause i just realized how childish this is makin us look so..... Cheers:beer:
So u work for ttmotorsports? Whats ur position?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I demo quads, i properly break them in before they actually become the demo that everyone rides on weekends. Some dealrships r parkin lots, some aren't. Im just goin to stop now cause i just realized how childish this is makin us look so..... Cheers:beer:

I just thought you should know he is the boss man, and not screwing himself.

Yes I work for Terry, and have for 5 years - since I was 16. I am the Parts Manager/whatever else needs to be done. I love it here.... pretty sure knows he will never get rid of me.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just thought you should know he is the boss man, and not screwing himself.

Yes I work for Terry, and have for 5 years - since I was 16. I am the Parts Manager/whatever else needs to be done. I love it here.... pretty sure knows he will never get rid of me.

awsum, no tech work? U guys pretty busy this yr.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awsum, no tech work? U guys pretty busy this yr.

Ha! No, I don't like to get dirty (this is why I sled)... I'm a 21 year old girl... come on now. Yes, we are very busy this year - sleds are flying out the door faster than we can put them together.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

its all good munhoez..:) so i decided to take the mudpro to see what a true stock machine would do..... i did run the machine for about 2hrs, run/not drive
to ensure the engine had a chance to " break in" i was taking a pretty big chance i admit by not putting some kms on it first, but i have heard the axle complaints and i know that there are customers who believe in "drive it like u stole it"-break in procedures.. i can tell u this thing works good. I would never recommend a customer did this, nor would i have tried to bs any axle claims if i snapped one during the pulls. You always here "its stock" when i show up with a atv with the tags still on- it just proves. it.. and your right it is a forum... i guess my fellow works are a bit protective...huh...lol have a good one, bottom line,., mudpro 700 seems to be pretty tough out of the box as it certainly passed my test...:d:d:d:d:d

Terry

have a good, one, remember if you dont get stuck you aint trying hard enough...

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see this has all been resolved peacefully and maturely?!! :)

Sooo .... Since I started this Thread .... Terry, Munhoez, Should'nt I get a nice Mud Pro 7 or 10 for a test drive??? Maybe a weekend loaner??? :rolleyes:

:beer::beer:

Top Bottom