New Mud Pro... what do ya think?

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics I took of the one in our showroom.

Attachments

• 09 700 Mud Pro 002.jpg
    09 700 Mud Pro 002.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 09 700 Mud Pro 001.jpg
    09 700 Mud Pro 001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 36

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got three here, one in my showroom. $11,076.45 out the door including all taxes, Canadian Dollars.

So what kind of warranty comes with for that price? Also how sticky will Cat be about claims for an all out mud bogger???

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
At the moment the program is 2 years warranty and no int. no payments, till March 09. Warranty covers manufacture defects. Just for example, if you get water in the engine and it cooks it, the first step for the dealer is to determine where the water came in. If a seal was the cause, then most likely warranty will cover it but if it is determined that water came in through the snorkle because the quad was sunk completely, then that is rider error. Keep in mind it is a quad and not a submarine, you get the picture.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats gonna be interesting when people with a "Mud Pro" get water into the motor and blow it up and not get any warrenty. Its kinda sounds like a mountain sled that "ingests" snow and blows the motor. At least Poo is warrentying those motors. I can understand if the quad was sunk, but what if it was'nt? Could Cat us that as an excuse for not replacing the motor?

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
When something like that happens, water in the moter, the first thing is to determine how the water got there, ie sunk or otherwise. They are testing these quads and they have been really good, the only way I can see water getting in is if it is sunk. As for a sled sucking in snow and blowing up and not getting warranty, I would say it depends on the situation. If it is a stock sled it should not happen and thus warranty should take care of it. If after market air intakes have been installed, then that will void the warranty, and maybe the intake was put on wrong or something like that, each case is it's own.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if I had a mud pro and sunk it and it was 100% my fault i think i would see what i could do to the seals on the snorkel to make it look like cats fault.. just gotta make sure there in no mud goinh in the snorkel....i seen guys do stuff like this b4 to get warreny works pretty good from what i can tell.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if I had a mud pro and sunk it and it was 100% my fault i think i would see what i could do to the seals on the snorkel to make it look like cats fault.. just gotta make sure there in no mud goinh in the snorkel....i seen guys do stuff like this b4 to get warreny works pretty good from what i can tell.

And we all wonder why us honest guys are paying so much for new machines??? Thanks for your corrupt version of honesty. :rolleyes:

If it's a 100% your fault then take a 100% of the blame so everyone else does'nt have to pay for your stupidity.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it might not be 100% my fault I was just laying out possible situations with this machine cause prove it other wise ....

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
Believe it or not, a dealerships mechanics are really good at determining the difference between rider error, rider tampering, and manufacture defect. It is very common for people to try and tell us that they are not to blame, but it never works. The only think that comes of trying to pull a fast one, is the dealer thinks your an idiot, and watches you like a hawlk every time you bring anything in.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Yup were pretty hard to fool. Had a cust. say he didn't take his quad too deep, turned out hed had a video done of his recent ride. Damn quad was rolling down the river. He tried saying we left a breather tube off.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Hey now lets be fair here the customer is not always the one being a little dishonest maby he was only returning the favor back to the dealer.Not pointing any fingers lets just remember two sides to every story.i have had some very questionable things happen in a shop.I will tell you one, i bought 2 bikes at the same time used yes but completlu gone over by the dealer... Ya right, got the bike home and did not go very far and engine shot.now to be far they did rebuild it completely they said.Next on my wife bike which was always good went to pull the recoile as back up one day ...ch!t rope broke o well no big deal.So i pulled the cover off and no F=ck=ng recoil.So just remember not always the customer trying to pull a fast one.:nono:

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Hey Hey now lets be fair here the customer is not always the one being a little dishonest maby he was only returning the favor back to the dealer.Not pointing any fingers lets just remember two sides to every story.i have had some very questionable things happen in a shop.I will tell you one, i bought 2 bikes at the same time used yes but completlu gone over by the dealer... Ya right, got the bike home and did not go very far and engine shot.now to be far they did rebuild it completely they said.Next on my wife bike which was always good went to pull the recoile as back up one day ...ch!t rope broke o well no big deal.So i pulled the cover off and no F=ck=ng recoil.So just remember not always the customer trying to pull a fast one.:nono:

I know, but heres a Q for u, when you bought the bikes did that dealership give you a signed check sheet by the tech? 2nd ,what dealership(pm me)
I just want to know. don't woory i won't bash that dealer in here.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it was the first time I had been there and I thought how lucky I was to deal directly with the owner :rollinglaugh:O well all it did was confirm how much business they get from me.:nono::nono:

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, i thought quads had as much hp as sleds if not more, and you guys are talking 70-100 mod hp, Sleds can top 400+ hp like imsicks if they go all out.

atvmodster

Reaction score
Sleds have more hp per cc because of a couple reasons. They are much higher revving engines and most are two strokes. Not many modded sleds top 250hp without a turbo or nos. There has been turbod can-am's and thundercats that hit over 250hp. turbos are pretty amazing if you get get everything tuned right. There is 950 thundercats putting out over 100 hp without turbos or nos. Speedwerx has what it takes to hit 100hp+. Quads engines are very detuned compared to sled engines.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cat has come out with a new 700 efi Mud Pro targeted at the hardcore mud crowd. What do you guys think? Is there a market for this type of "off the floor Mud / Skeg atv"? I think there might be. It has been clutched and geared specifically for low end torque apparently... plus factory snorkels, mud tires, additional GC etc.

Kind of ballsy for a factory to equip a bike to be Mud (abuse) specific and still have a warranty. I wonder what the fine print on the warranty will read like? :confused:

Looks like an awesome ride though... not just because it's metallic green. :d

Check out the "Horn" on the front cowling which incases the snorkels.

It looks like my 08, with a factory kit:)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow, i thought quads had as much hp as sleds if not more, and you guys are talking 70-100 mod hp, Sleds can top 400+ hp like imsicks if they go all out.

HEISSICK......you are comparing Tractors to Hot Rods........

Top Bottom