New kitty !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A version of it I would imagine ...
Cat bought Weber out ( I should say textron I guess)

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100+ hp Weber motor ( nice )
They bought Weber engines out of Germany ....
Looks like these textron guys are serious ....
They got cash too / lots of cash ...
One of their holdings is bell helicopters!
Is nice!
Does it come in a 4 seater?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15065b564a31ac33c66d81a7b28c24db.jpg

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes , the old mpe 750 ,this is a newer 850 version I believe ...
looks like about 130hp
NA...
Lots with a factory turbo ...

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea that's the . I stumbled across a video of a rzr modified with that motor. 150+ potential HP

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes , there was s guy in lake Havasu doing the Weber swap for a while ..
I guess they go pretty good !
One has to wonder if textron , squashed the Yamaha motor idea in the new XX kitty , in favour of a weber power plant !
They own Weber now and the XX has been delayed till next spring at the earliest ....
My guess is you will see a Weber engine choice of NA or turbo ...
I am only speculating here , but I can't see them buying Weber & then using a yammy motor ?

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like chassis has some design in common with the BadBoy Stampede Textron released last year. The "extended cab" is at least.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's just a lime green version of one of these:

100+ hp is new though so new motor at least. Suspension looks upgraded too but hard to tell from one picture.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"BadBoy" brand is going away as well, which I'm fine with because that was a pretty gay name.

But...

Two steps forward, one step back. Sounds like Textron is dropping the Arctic Cat name from all dirt vehicles, will be sleds only.

Textron Off-road. That sounds lame as hell. Even Bombardier found a better name than well... Bombardier Off-Road.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow ! Some unhappy cat dealers today ....
Wildcat X gone .
No wildcat RG pro.
Long delay of XX
Lots of talk of having to sell golf carts
So this leaves no high end utv to even sell for a year ...
And the artic cat name stays with sleds only , the atv / utv side is now textron off-road .
Hope they get to work with some new R&D and produce some great machines real fast ....
Polaris & Canam are not waiting ...

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really know ...
I guess it is about the usual, big $$$.
I think if they throw some $$$ into R&D they will be alright and come out with a great machine . If they are going to cut corners and it's only about the $$$
, they will soon be out of the business . The 1000size utv is the bread& butter right now, they need a product to compete with Popo and canam, fast .
The new & more version X3s will be out there in 18 , and I hear rumours of an all new Popo rzr as well...

So to Step out of the market for a year, come in under a new name , you better have a mind blowing machine ( with multiple versions ) to launch your return ...imo

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if cats old engineers still have a job , or are textron putting in their own ?
Interesting that they completely dropped the wildcat 1000 model . This new crossover looks promising if they put good suspension and a nice Weber motor in it . No mention of Robbie Gordon or the new machine he has been racing ,or the much delayed Robbie Gordon pro wildcat1000.
Big shake up , that's for sure....
At least they kept the 700 wildcat sport , great machine ....

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes , there was s guy in lake Havasu doing the Weber swap for a while ..
I guess they go pretty good !
One has to wonder if textron , squashed the Yamaha motor idea in the new XX kitty , in favour of a weber power plant !
They own Weber now and the XX has been delayed till next spring at the earliest ....
My guess is you will see a Weber engine choice of NA or turbo ...
I am only speculating here , but I can't see them buying Weber & then using a yammy motor ?
Wonder if Textron is gonna end the whole Yamaha cat relationship?

For the snowmobile side of things this would be sad.

Yamaha wouldn't have a chassis.

And the m9000 won't have a heart.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked a kitty guy at NASCAR in Vegas ,he was not even sure if he had a job coming up ...
Now I see why he was worried....

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Textron Off Road to release Wildcat XX in spring 2018

Textron Off Road announced on Wednesday that it will be releasing its first side-by-side as the result of the Arctic Cat merger in the spring of 2018. The Wildcat XX will feature a 125-hp Triple 998 engine, 17.5 inches of front and rear suspension travel, King Shocks, KMC 15-inch wheels, 30-inch tires, full doors and a race-inspired ROPS.
Textron-Wildcat-XX.jpg

It was also formally announced that Textron Off Road will be the name of all dirt product going forward, while Arctic Cat’s sub-brands Wildcat, Prowler and Alterra will remain under the Textron Off Road Brand. Arctic Cat will be the snow brand only, going forward.
Arctic Cat originally announced that the Wildcat XX would be made available in the fall of this year, however, Textron Off Road wants more time to perfect the model, reported John Collins, vice president — Consumer, of Textron Specialized Vehicles. Textron Off Road is aiming for a spring 2018 debut, though the release could come earlier, if the model is ready before then.
Textron-SXS.jpg

Textron Off Road will also be revealing a yet-to-be-named 100-plus horsepower side-by-side with class-leading suspension and an extended cab this fall. That vehicle was in development by Textron before the Arctic Cat acquisition.
These announcements were made Wednesday at an event in the Dallas, Texas, area. There, Textron Specialized Vehicles staff introduced media and about 50 dealers in attendance to the new Textron Off Road and Arctic Cat. The event was also simulcast to Textron Specialized Vehicles and Arctic Cat dealers across North America, as well as Textron Specialized Vehicles staff in Georgia and Minnesota. Textron Specialized Vehicles acquired Arctic Cat in March.
Textron-Event.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom