New Dirt Bike?!.....HELP

confused?

Reaction score
I am looking at a new dirt bike i have barly ever ridden but i am confident and i have four wheeled, snowmobiled and jet ski. I play lots of sports and am a natural athlete. all my friends race and ride 250's both 2 and 4 strokes. I am looking at a 125 but am willing to go to a 250 as long as i dont go all out i wanna stay with a 2 stroke and i wanna keep this for a while. I will take it to a track so i am defriently getting a mx bike. I really want to stay with yamaha or my back up is kawisaki but my friend has a kx250f and blew it up twice in one week. Please help...:confused:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 2008 kx250f's, and have never skipped a beat. If you ride it on a road pinned it wil blow up, if you don't maintain it (air filter inspection/ clean every ride like any off road vehicle, oil change every 3rd ride) it will blow up. There's more to his problem that he's telling you.

You might as well buy a 125, but if it's being ridden hard I'd invest in top end rebuilds every winter. It's only $250 in parts and keeps you worry free.

confused?

Reaction score
ok thanks i just rode a ttr 125 and only had problems gettin to 1st haha i havnt ridden in a while i think i will be ok with a yz250 if i dont go hard at first. I just want some thing i can handel to tho. I def want a 2 stroke tho

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 250 is a lot more powerful than a ttr 125. A 250 has 40hp, and a trr has 10hp. Without good throttle control you can get in a lot of trouble pretty quick. A 125 MX bike or a 250f is a better beginner bike, but a 4-stroke requires more maintainence.

confused?

Reaction score
Ya and with a 125 i can always bore it out and stuff

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new cr150 husqvarna two stroke comes with 6 months warranty...sweet bike 6299.00 ..... check out our website for pics and more info....:d:d

confused?

Reaction score
thanks i found a bike 1995 yz 125 and its never been raced and he has done everything to it besides boring it out he wants a grand for it and says theres almost nothing stock on it should i buy it:confused:

confused?

Reaction score
well haha good point but he said hes never even had it on a track :confused:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a mx track, two strokes are good,..... i mean they now race mostly 4 strokes on an mx track....just sayin

in the bush, for trail riding, IMO a four stroke is so much better....
two strokes have been the choice of mx freestyle and now you see a number of them on 4 strokes.... just sayin

i think, its matter of time till the industry will only be 4 strokes... so much better in many people's minds, than 2 stroke...

Top Bottom