New Cats

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
What's the verdict so far on the new cats? I've heard rumors the M8's are trenchers & feel heavy & the 1100's have lots of power but are heavier than expected as well. Looking for feedback from anyone riding one or riding with them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 newbies laying some smack. Welcome to the future of brand bashing on S&M!

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No brand bashing here just trying to get s&m some excitement since maxwell left.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the verdict so far on the new cats? I've heard rumors the M8's are trenchers & feel heavy & the 1100's have lots of power but are heavier than expected as well. Looking for feedback from anyone riding one or riding with them.
All stock sleds trench and are heavy. As for the light stock ones they bend easy.

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
Wasn't bashing at all, I'm a cat man, just looking for feedback on the rumors I've heard.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
took the girlfriends 2012 M8 out at my parents acreage on Saturday, I was very impressed with it, lots of power, and feels nimble, now this wasn't in any amount of snow but it was a good test for the machine.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt notice a problem of trenching on my HCR 800. I would think the way a guy has it set up would have alot to due with if its trenching or not. As for feeling heavy, im coming off a 2007 M8 and this new sled feels alot better. For now i am very happy with my new purchase!!
hcr2.jpg

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Box stock out of the crate they trench alot when compared to the Pro from what I've seen riding. Here's a video to show it, take a look at how much the cat digs in (video is not taken by me). There's a bunch of reviews on them in the cat forum, may want to take a look there too rather then the general forum...

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Box stock out of the crate they trench alot when compared to the Pro from what I've seen riding. Here's a video to show it, take a look at how much the cat digs in (video is not taken by me). There's a bunch of reviews on them in the cat forum, may want to take a look there too rather then the general forum...

Kitty spanking is all i can say, looks like kitty ran some track on the third pull. Just goes to show HP isn't every thing!!!!!!! I like both but that was a good comparison thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ran some uphill drags in Lucielle. A 2012 162 ProClimb SP Jaws can/Camo Extreme, a 2011 163 Summit X with DynoPort pipe/can, a 2012 Assault stretched to 163 MBRP can. I think they all worked really well and the results were the same everytime, with each race being quite close. Never saw anything like the video showed though......LOL.:rolleyes: My ProClimb isn't for sale.:beer:

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ran some uphill drags in Lucielle. A 2012 162 ProClimb SP Jaws can/Camo Extreme, a 2011 163 Summit X with DynoPort pipe/can, a 2012 Assault stretched to 163 MBRP can. I think they all worked really well and the results were the same everytime, with each race being quite close. Never saw anything like the video showed though......LOL.:rolleyes: My ProClimb isn't for sale.:beer:

I agree they are all pretty close with neither of them spank each other, here's another video of the climbs. 2 climbs go to Pro RMK and 1 to Proclimb. I just wanted to show out of the crate there is some noticeable trenching which I don't think is a surprise since the M Series had the same issue and they haven't changed the skid on the proclimb.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took the girlfriends 2012 M8 out at my parents acreage on Saturday, I was very impressed with it, lots of power, and feels nimble, now this wasn't in any amount of snow but it was a good test for the machine.

You said it, Excellent sled for the girlfriend hahahahaha

BigBuckHunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the vids & input, appreciate it - going to see if my d&d 1200 is finally working yet or if I should move on in life...

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya that new track is absolute garbage! watched a guy with 100 miles on his sled rip his track rite off by hitting a stump about a foot around at 20-30 mph. you can save yourself a ton of money and buy an 04-07 rev platform as that is basicly what the handling is like on the 2012 cats. Not tryin to brand bash but I havent heard very many good things on these new cats that being said I'd keep my money or go buy a doo or poo there working very very well this year! its unfortunate that the cat is having issues it was a solid sled with pretty minimal issues until now....

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know we rode an 12 M8 for three days in Hills at the beginning of the month. Ran perfect, climbed well, handles great through the trees. No issues at all.
Had a chance to ride a 2012 RMK, 2011 E-tec 2012 M8 and my good ol Nytro and I would rank them like this:

1. 2012 M8 Easy to ride that's all I have to say, felt a little akward at first but got into it real easy.
2. 2012 ProRMK- Great sled, very close to being in number 1, probably the most predictable handling just didn't Jam out like I would like it. I would buy one, but I don't trust polaris history. (I don't gamble unless I can win)
3. 09 Nytro modded so not stock. Got to love the 4 stroke power, but it is heavier, makes me think how much longer and better I'd ride if it was 500 lbs. Give me a 200 Hp 500 lbs yammy with warrenty and I'd donate a 20K to their cause
4. 2011 Etec- I don't know just didn't like it, not the first time I rode one either, they just handle funny. Not saying they are not a great sled it's just not for me.

Remember just an opinion.

Ride hard and long!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom