needs help

bretz54

Reaction score
my 1995 ski-doo sat all summer and some winter i got i started and rode it like 2 min than it would hardly excelerater i need some one to tell me whats wrong

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are both manifolds warming up? If not, you've just fouled a spark plug.
Otherwise,
Pull the carb bottom caps or complete floatbowls off, and look for sludge build-up. If you see anything significant, you might have a plugged carb jet, and need detailed cleaning. If you don't do this right, and try to nurse some speed out of it, you could melt a piston from lean mixture ($$!)
Good luck.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 1995 ski-doo sat all summer and some winter i got i started and rode it like 2 min than it would hardly excelerater i need some one to tell me whats wrong

my sled sat through the summer with a full tank and no stabilizer :nono: old fuel is bad!!! affects performance greatly, so i drained my tank, pulled the carb bowls, blew them out with some carb cleaner, then filler it with some AV Gas (101 octane leaded) nows shes perky :d might also dump a can of sea foam in the tank to, jus to help clean in out

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my sled sat through the summer with a full tank and no stabilizer :nono: old fuel is bad!!! affects performance greatly, so i drained my tank, pulled the carb bowls, blew them out with some carb cleaner, then filler it with some AV Gas (101 octane leaded) nows shes perky :d might also dump a can of sea foam in the tank to, jus to help clean in out

I wouldnt use a CAN of Sea Foam but yes put some in. Sea Foam works like magic. Use it in our clubs chainsaws all the time. Saws get used only in the start of the season and sit all summer. Come fall dump out old fuel and add Sea foam (just a bit) to each tank with new fuel and away they go.

Clean carbs and use Sea Foam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom