Need spindle angle from T3

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
I take it this was a e mod job as well.... from what I read I can do my s mod without pulling the motor

yup e mod as well, struck a culvert with 47 miles

WP_000406.jpg

not a horrible job though, air chisel and air riveter made the job a whole lot easier. and i've got a box of bent arms, 42" 40" and 36" front ends if somebody wants to do a bendy test??

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup e mod as well, struck a culvert with 47 miles

View attachment 193088

not a horrible job though, air chisel and air riveter made the job a whole lot easier. and i've got a box of bent arms, 42" 40" and 36" front ends if somebody wants to do a bendy test??
Holy Hana u git luck like I do

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have ripped everything apart. I can't tell if my s mod is tweaked or not.... I can't tell of my a arms are tweaked. They all look close to the same. My left spindle is bent downward. I'm not sure how to tell if anything else is tweaked other the put it back together with a new spindle and see if one ski is still father back? Amy of u guys got any ideas?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usually, if a arms are symmetrical, that are straight. Like I said the lower casting is usually the tell tale part. hold them back to back and you should see.

So I have ripped everything apart. I can't tell if my s mod is tweaked or not.... I can't tell of my a arms are tweaked. They all look close to the same. My left spindle is bent downward. I'm not sure how to tell if anything else is tweaked other the put it back together with a new spindle and see if one ski is still father back? Amy of u guys got any ideas?

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I bent the S-mod on my XP and it was the same thing. One shock further forward between the a-arms. Tore it all apart and still couldn't see where where it was tweaked, even with the new s-mod sitting on the floor beside the old. I bolted everything together with grade 8 1/4" hardware, stover nuts and red lock tight and everything was straight in the end. A beefier bulkhead would be nice..

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bent the S-mod on my XP and it was the same thing. One shock further forward between the a-arms. Tore it all apart and still couldn't see where where it was tweaked, even with the new s-mod sitting on the floor beside the old. I bolted everything together with grade 8 1/4" hardware, stover nuts and red lock tight and everything was straight in the end. A beefier bulkhead would be nice..
Well I was hoping I got lucky. Your thinking the s mod is bent and I can't see it kinda like your situation.

Shaggy1421

Reaction score
I run alternative impact a arms with replaceable heim joints have had a few smack breaks the knuckle and a five min fix on the mountain they are pricey but have saved me some time walking

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was hoping I got lucky. Your thinking the s mod is bent and I can't see it kinda like your situation.

Yes sir, it could be that subtle of a bend. It isn't a difficult job, just time consuming. A chisel and hammer for the big A-pillar rivets, a handful of 3/16 drill bits, an air riveter and a case of beer are your friends.
Worse case, ride it as is for the year and do it in the summer. Best of luck.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, it could be that subtle of a bend. It isn't a difficult job, just time consuming. A chisel and hammer for the big A-pillar rivets, a handful of 3/16 drill bits, an air riveter and a case of beer are your friends.
Worse case, ride it as is for the year and do it in the summer. Best of luck.
Well its already apart I mine as well do it if it needs to be done. It's just a question of weather it needs it or not. I know my spindle is toast. I want to say there's a small tweak in one a arm. But I can't say for sure... so the best way I think to do it is replace one at a time and put it back together and see if it's still out or not.

How much are the Alt impact arms?

Top Bottom