Need new sleding jacket and pants!?!?

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
OK...tried on both the Motorfist Rekon Jacket/Pants and the Klim Valdez Jacket and pants.

The Motorfist large was too long in the arms and the medium was a little snug in the chest...the jacket was loud...sounded like cellophane when ever you move a muscle...like I mean loud. Disappointed in the pockets or lack there of...two outside and two small inside that seemed a little weak. Pants had good pockets and fit well.

The Klim large fit like a glove arms and chest exact...medium too small. Did not sound like I was raping a paper bag filled with packing material. Pockets all over the place the venting the same. Pants...hummmm the large were a little bulky and the medium were sac to floor with not too much room to spare...going for the large.

I was kinda hoping for the Motorfist to come out a head but I must say the Klim just felt better on. Price as it turns out was less then 50 bucks difference.

I'd like to give my business to a member and it looks like T&T sells this stuff.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK...tried on both the Motorfist Rekon Jacket/Pants and the Klim Valdez Jacket and pants.

The Motorfist large was too long in the arms and the medium was a little snug in the chest...the jacket was loud...sounded like cellophane when ever you move a muscle...like I mean loud. Disappointed in the pockets or lack there of...two outside and two small inside that seemed a little weak. Pants had good pockets and fit well.

The Klim large fit like a glove arms and chest exact...medium too small. Did not sound like I was raping a paper bag filled with packing material. Pockets all over the place the venting the same. Pants...hummmm the large were a little bulky and the medium were sac to floor with not too much room to spare...going for the large.

I was kinda hoping for the Motorfist to come out a head but I must say the Klim just felt better on. Price as it turns out was less then 50 bucks difference.

I'd like to give my business to a member and it looks like T&T sells this stuff.

Ahh If it crinkles at + 20 in the store... Imagine what it will sound like at -20... :eek: That sound drives me insane!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was terrible !!!!

Motorfist is most definately my choice this year. We have some samples here. Samples of the different Jackets and Pants. I love it. We have had really positive feedback from everyone who's tried on the fist stuff. Drink had last years gear and was very impressed and this year should prove to be even better. Really really looking forward to their gloves, which don't appear to have the same weak stitching other Brands have.:)

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have enjoyed the hmk jacket and pants for 2 years now. Jacket is a 3 in 1 and pants are 2 in 1. Have always stayed warm and dry with no moisture issues.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Helly Hansen jacket and Mole pants have always served me well. Jacket is lightweight and you would never think it's as warm as it is by looking at it but anything above -15C I have to open the vents or I'm too hot. the mole pants are made for snowboarding but have been awesome for sledding. the only sled-specific gear I have it the Kilm boots...

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wash it and that crinkle sound will go away. Just needs 1-2 washes

yup that's what I did. I washed it on cold.. ran the rinse cycle 2x.... hang to dry. good to go!!!!

wore it out for the first time yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even express how much I love it!! :)
newpics1707.jpg

Rocky Mountain Rider

Reaction score
I bought the Motorfist Recon bib's at the show in Edmonton, I haven't washed them or used them yet but I liked the fit. I tried on a pair of Klim and preferred the Motorfist fit.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to be warm and dry, and not look like the only place you shop is the sled shop go to any ski/outdoor shop. Many great gore-tex brands are out there and good deals to be had. I rock Outdoor Reasearch triple layer Gore, bomber stuff and you won't look like all your buddies. It's all about layers!!!

APEX320

Reaction score
I have tried Reima, Arctiva and a few others there is not a piece of sled gear that can hold a candle to Klim. Make sure you have or buy all 3 layers or you are defeating the purpose of Klim gear. Spend the $2000.00 it will be your 3rd best investment. 1. Avy Gear and Training, 2. Snowmobile (inc Turbo of course) and then Warm dry gear. The Klim boots gloves and helmets are amazing also!!! If you are in Grande Prairie check out this years gear at Windsor Motorsports. I wish I would have waited and bought the new Klim boots this year.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I have tried Reima, Arctiva and a few others there is not a piece of sled gear that can hold a candle to Klim. Make sure you have or buy all 3 layers or you are defeating the purpose of Klim gear. Spend the $2000.00 it will be your 3rd best investment. 1. Avy Gear and Training, 2. Snowmobile (inc Turbo of course) and then Warm dry gear. The Klim boots gloves and helmets are amazing also!!! If you are in Grande Prairie check out this years gear at Windsor Motorsports. I wish I would have waited and bought the new Klim boots this year.

What KLIM inside layers did you buy?

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best stuff out there is Arctic Cat Clothing. Super lightweight, super warm, very breathable, lots of choices, and petty colours :) and won't cost $2000. maybe a grand all layers. and you'll look good too :)

APEX320

Reaction score
What KLIM inside layers did you buy?

For base layer I bought the aggressor pants and shirt and for the mid layer for cold days I bought the everest pants and shirt and warm days the inferno.

Colten KM8

Reaction score
anyone have the Slednecks gear? i was looing at the defendr line. just wondering what your guy's thoughts are on it. its priced reasonable and looks pretty good. theres the under layers (Cardona) you have to buy as well. just looking for some reviews! thanks!

Wayneh0283

Reaction score
I have worn FXR pants and pullover and was satisfied. I wear Klim now. The pants, jackets, and pullover are waterproof and durable. I tore the pants and sent them to Klim for repairs. They removed the panel and the pants look new. No charge. This helps recovering from the initial cost. I recently purchased Motorfist Recon bibs but have not yet worn them. They have a lifetime warranty or until you are six feet under.

Top Bottom