Need help with reeds

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I would be Mr. Mechanic and install my reeds myself on my M8, its proving to be difficult. I got the exhaust off and most of the bolts on the reeds except for two on the bottom. Anyone done this on a M8 that might be of some assistance please. Im pretty sure the hood and air box is going to have to come off, can anyone confirm? Thank You.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the reeds out and holy shyt what a job that was! Some serious prying on the throttle bodies to make room to get them out, but no damage...so far. Had to remove the hood, airbox, oil reservoir, a small piece of the frame and the throttle bodies, should have just paid someone to do it for me but i would imagine the bill to be large. Installed the boondocker box, took a while to figure out the wiring, but once i did, it was easy. Took off the Y-pipe, pipe and silencer, now I wait till my reeds arrive and new complete SLP exhaust, hopefully soon as i leave Dec. 26 for Revy for 5 days.

I should mention Pure Addiction for Rorys good service and unbelievable prices as his reeds are $100 cheaper and the exhaust is roughly $400 (believe it or not!) than Argyll motorsports!!!

Top Bottom