Need Help with common law seperation

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i wish you the best of luck, things are not fair now a days when it comes to this stuff, like the poor guy who had to spend 50gess that is just crazy. just sign the paper and be on there way :d:d
In my case I have never quit fighting for my son and the ability to see him.
If you give up, children will get the impression that you don't care and you will loose them.

joeboo73

Reaction score
thanks to all for the advise the only good thing is no kids involed

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i wish you the best of luck, things are not fair now a days when it comes to this stuff, like the poor guy who had to spend 50gess that is just crazy. just sign the paper and be on there way :d:d
I cherish everyday that I can say good morning son and good night !!
and the big one is that I love you. and always will no matter what.;)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Joeboo, I hope everything works out for you. Good luck, and remember, this is only a tiny piece of a wonderful life ahead of you. :d:d:d

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel for ya, as I know what you are going through....
But just remember although it sucks right now that life will get better when you find the right one.
as I can contest to that as I have never been happier..

ajay

Reaction score
I just went through a Common Law Seperation, in Sept 08. The Province of Alberta, has changed the time frame to up to 3 years of Living together.

Google,

Common Law Seperation Canada .com

This should help on the info you need.

Is there not something stated in Alberta's Common Law legislation about spouses haveing to prove contribution in splitting assets? thought i read this somewhere on a government website. Might wanna look into it, I would sell all to a friend or living parent, at least on paper.:cool::cool:

Ajay

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there not something stated in Alberta's Common Law legislation about spouses haveing to prove contribution in splitting assets? thought i read this somewhere on a government website. Might wanna look into it, I would sell all to a friend or living parent, at least on paper.:cool::cool:

Ajay
It seems all she has to do to contribute is provide a warm place to go off....my pops has been thru 2 divorces now, first one from my ma was fairly decent, he just gave her a chunk of cash and she was happy. The second one went for three years....knock down, drag 'em out battle in court. She lied her azz off, wanted half of everything, not just the gain. When it was all over and the smoke cleared, she got less than my pop's original settlement offer because of all the lies they caught her in. The proceedings started out decent, but then my pop saw her boyfriend driving his brand new Lincoln he let her leave with....Snap!!

She loved Karaoke, and cheated on my pa with the Karaoke guy....when he saw the dude driving the car, he "reposessed" it. She called the cops and came to the house, but it was registered and insured in his name....they told her she was SOL....then the war was on. About halfway thru, his lawyer suggested letting her have the car to try and make things go smoother. He said sure....so we went out and bagged the snot out of that thing. Ever see a Lincoln Town Car get airtime? I have!! It's awesome.....:d

I'm now watching him spend my inheritance on "mommy" number three....lol.

Sleddingmom, you must be a very unique and special person, on behalf of "children of divorce" everywhere, I thank you. I wish my childhood could've been that way.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems all she has to do to contribute is provide a warm place to go off....my pops has been thru 2 divorces now, first one from my ma was fairly decent, he just gave her a chunk of cash and she was happy. The second one went for three years....knock down, drag 'em out battle in court. She lied her azz off, wanted half of everything, not just the gain. When it was all over and the smoke cleared, she got less than my pop's original settlement offer because of all the lies they caught her in. The proceedings started out decent, but then my pop saw her boyfriend driving his brand new Lincoln he let her leave with....Snap!!

She loved Karaoke, and cheated on my pa with the Karaoke guy....when he saw the dude driving the car, he "reposessed" it. She called the cops and came to the house, but it was registered and insured in his name....they told her she was SOL....then the war was on. About halfway thru, his lawyer suggested letting her have the car to try and make things go smoother. He said sure....so we went out and bagged the snot out of that thing. Ever see a Lincoln Town Car get airtime? I have!! It's awesome.....:d

I'm now watching him spend my inheritance on "mommy" number three....lol.

Sleddingmom, you must be a very unique and special person, on behalf of "children of divorce" everywhere, I thank you. I wish my childhood could've been that way.

Oh my gosh Teeroy, the karaoke guy. So sorry. Thank you for your kind words.:)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh Teeroy, the karaoke guy. So sorry. Thank you for your kind words.:)
No worries Sleddingmom, I think people are chosen to go thru certain "hardships" in life because they can handle it, and learn important lessons from it. I would like to think I am a better Man, Husband, and Father for the things I witnessed and went through. :beer:

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anybody have any advice so i don't lose my s**t

................. smile~~.jpg

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday I now am joining the seperation/divorce club. I was at work and a buddy of mine called and said that the wive had planned on leaving me April 25/09 and he had heard about it on April 23/09. He said that he didn't tell me because he thought that it was none of his business. Tried talking to her for weeks to find out what was wrong, and she said nothing. She was always on Face-Book:realmad::realmad::rant::nono: and I think that she found someone else. Left me a note and took 2 kitchen table chairs:confused:, clothes,dressers,and the computer. Left everything else behind, and I thought that Yesterday was going to be a good evening, go out for a nice meal, rent movie and cuddle on the couch, boy was I wrong. The good thing is that we didn't have children. Got any advice of what to do.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont try to be the nice guy. Settle and get on with your life as quickly as possible

Wanderlust

Reaction score
As of yesterday I now am joining the seperation/divorce club. I was at work and a buddy of mine called and said that the wive had planned on leaving me April 25/09 and he had heard about it on April 23/09. He said that he didn't tell me because he thought that it was none of his business. Tried talking to her for weeks to find out what was wrong, and she said nothing. She was always on Face-Book:realmad::realmad::rant::nono: and I think that she found someone else. Left me a note and took 2 kitchen table chairs:confused:, clothes,dressers,and the computer. Left everything else behind, and I thought that Yesterday was going to be a good evening, go out for a nice meal, rent movie and cuddle on the couch, boy was I wrong. The good thing is that we didn't have children. Got any advice of what to do.

Sorry to hear how this came about........only advice is to take things a day at a time and to think through EVERYTHING. Irrational reactions/behaviours/thoughts can set you back. Talk to a lawyer-free consultations-figure out where you stand and what your next move should be. Is she wanting out for good or just needs space to sort things out?
Darn internet is creating havoc in a lot of households/relationships. Whatever happened to dealing with things headon and as adults?
Good luck-keep your chin up!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Call a lawyer...document the fact that SHE left....this will make it much easier for you to hang onto your stuff....Everyone always tells the man "whatever you do don't LEAVE the residence" should work both ways.
Lawyer up and don't try to play the mr.nice guy...divorce/separation is war...When you speak with her try to make arrangements to settle on paper out of court and have your lawyer witness...

Good luck it's never fun.....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow that is horrible! Not too strong in character is she. If she left like that, she will most likely come crawling back when her internet love isn't all it's cracked up to be. Take the kitchen set back but not her. You sound like a good man.

Top Bottom