IMG_2012.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 264

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of fun with no problems. This is my second set, Had them also on a brute force 2 years ago.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been curious about tracks so I have some questions :)

How fast can you go with the tracks on vs tiers?
Is it hard to steer with them on (Do you have EPS)?
Have you been stuck with them and if so how hard was it to get out?
How deep of snow can you go in?
Do you think it is worth getting tracks over a sled?
Do they climb over fallen trees well or does the front of the track go under the tree rather then over?
How hard is it to change the tracks out for tires and back again when you want?

Thanks

Last edited:

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score

Do they climb over fallen trees well or does the front of the track go under the tree rather then over?

Thanks

I've seen video on them and looks like that go anywhere, but I've heard when they get stuck its all over, you're stuck.

Have you had to replace a track yet, how much is a replacement?

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks

The tracks have a 40% gear reduction with my tracks set up for the grizzly 700 and other big boar quads with 18 teeth per sprocket. In high gear my speedo reads about 60km/h but keep in mind it is off because of the gear reduction. Steering is pretty easy as i have power steering but when i had them on my brute force they were hard to steer in deep snow, I highly recomend power steering with tracks. I have been stuck going forward with them but you just put them in reverse and back out. Depth of snow depends on what kind of snow you are in. The tracks can get high centered in really deep snow if they break through the crust. Keep in mind that tracks are a great way to get you to some great higher elevations in the winter and have alot of fun but they are not high powered sleds that can handle 10 feet of snow. they are way slower and have way less hp than the big sleds now a days. You have to be careful with falled trees if the tree is elevated off the ground as the back track will go under when the front goes over. Its a good idea to carry a chainsaw. Initial install of the tracks was 2-1/2 hours but after that they are roughly an hour to put on. Conclusion i love the tracks and will always have them. i ride with other guys with tires and the racks will go 3 times as far as the tires with way less effort.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen video on them and looks like that go anywhere, but I've heard when they get stuck its all over, you're stuck.

Have you had to replace a track yet, how much is a replacement?

When you are stuck and you cant go in reverse you may have to shovel like a sled. just ride with a friend if you can, carry a shovel and chainsaw and have a good winch, but dont worry unless you are in the high country you will get out with minimal effort. I have not had to replace a track yet as i only use them in the snow and they show no wear but a friend of mine did and i think it was about $200 for a new track.

Top Bottom