My snowcheck was stolen from dealer lot

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I was on my way to pick up my sled, and my salesman called with the bad news. My snowcheck was stolen from their compound last night.
Please keep your eyes and ears out for a 15 163RMK 163 60TH Ann.
Stolen from Gaudins in Beaverlodge Ab.
Obviously I haven't taken delivery so it's on the dealers insurance / responsibility but I won't get the snowcheck Std I wanted. Salesman isn't sure what they will do for me.... A floor Std or a pro with extras? I'm very disappointed I won't get the sled I have been looking forward to since last spring.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least your dealer phoned you. We had a sled stolen while in for repairs and no call at all. Found out from the RCMP. Dealer did nothing but complain how much it would cost to fix his fence. At least you didn't pay for this one yet.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh.... I'm paying for it through a separate bank loan. I just haven't taken delivery yet so fully the dealers problem. I just won't get my snowcheck LE

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, this sucks. I guess now you'll see what your dealer is all about. Its not what happened, its how they deal with it.

Oh.... I'm paying for it through a separate bank loan. I just haven't taken delivery yet so fully the dealers problem. I just won't get my snowcheck LE

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah this year is killing me.... Stolen Pro last Feb.... now this.
To replace it, my dealer would have to start with a floor model Std RMK and throw thousands at it to make it the snowcheck I ordered.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To replace it, my dealer would have to start with a floor model Std RMK and throw thousands at it to make it the snowcheck I ordered.
That's there problem not urs

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he gets throwing, that or makes you a killer deal on something similar.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's a kick in the nuts. Your sleds seem to be popular with the thieves Dan. You must live on the rough side of our street.:p Maybe a turbo and a wrap on a standard model would be a good way for the dealer to make up the difference?:rolleyes: Can they not try bring in a Snowcheck from some other dealer? There is always guys backing out on Snowchecks. I even saw a couple of the mighty T3's guys were looking to dump.

snobyrd

Reaction score
That's pretty ballsy for a person to steal a sled from that dealership, considering Thier on a main highway and likely can be seen.
I'm sure al will get things right with you, he has insurance, he knows what the sled is worth retail and I'm sure he'll put in a claim filling for the full amount.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As shredder mentioned your dealer will likely find the same sled or better from another dealer other than they probably have to get there insurance company/police report etc taken care of first. There are likely a few snow checks available as the oil field has slowed up some..

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have much hope they will find another snowcheck like mine available at another dealer.... it was a snowcheck standard rmk 163 with all the free upgrades. I specifically ordered this hybrid between a Pro and a RMK because I wanted a steel drive shaft, extra cooler, chain case, etc.
How can I put a value on this sled when it comes to bargaining with them on a different sled? The snowcheck freebies add up to alot of $$$ that arent really represented by what I paid.
Pro 163 + clicker shocks, all the storage it came with, e start, tunnel and rail paint, and the other color coordinated parts?
But then I'm stuck with quick drive, alum driveshaft, CF parts, and missing my front cooler.
Even though an in season Pro is similar in price to what I payed it doesn't even come close to replacing what I had.
Can't build up an in season standard RMK as they don't come in 163.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I was on my way to pick up my sled, and my salesman called with the bad news. My snowcheck was stolen from their compound last night.
Please keep your eyes and ears out for a 15 163RMK 163 60TH Ann.
Stolen from Gaudins in Beaverlodge Ab.
Obviously I haven't taken delivery so it's on the dealers insurance / responsibility but I won't get the snowcheck Std I wanted. Salesman isn't sure what they will do for me.... A floor Std or a pro with extras? I'm very disappointed I won't get the sled I have been looking forward to since last spring.

I got one left if you need.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gaudins is a great dealer and will try hard to make you happy .
Sucks but they didn't want this to happen either?
Might have to work with them for a lesser sled in your eyes this year and get a killer deal and trade in value on a snow check next year?
Just ideas ?
Sucks for sure for both parties.
Good luck

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
As shredder mentioned your dealer will likely find the same sled or better from another dealer other than they probably have to get there insurance company/police report etc taken care of first. There are likely a few snow checks available as the oil field has slowed up some..

I was thinking the same thing, these dealers have connections with other dealers, or they can ask the Polaris Rep to help them out, someone out there cancelled there Snowcheck.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent you a pm Chris.

I feel the need to add, I expect fair treatment from Gaudins on this... it just sucks I'm likely to lose some or all of the value of the snowcheck extras if they don't locate a direct replacement.
What's fair to them and what's fair to me might be two different things when it boils down to the extra's like the remote res clicker shocks, painted parts, etc. That stuff adds up to alot of $$$

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately a lot of dealers view a turn back spring sled as a big profit point. Not many will give one up to help another. Sounds like Chrisco has one. Maybe take him up on his offer? Good luck and hopefully they catch this creep.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah 163 snowchecks are usually gone by this time of year with the payment deadline being a month ago... add in the std rmk and it seems hopeless.
Chrisco has pros available but not a std rmk. I'm still hooped for getting what I originally ordered it seems

Top Bottom