My new 2014 Skidoo finished

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what led you to pick an aero kit over a boondocks or TSS? Are there pros about it that the other brands do not offer? Is it because it's the kit that mountain magic favors, thus they really know what tuning and clutching works with it? Just curious as to what led to tour choice.

And like the last few years I love your builds. They always stand out and look great.

A few reasons why. I have a great respect and friendship with ken at Mountain magic, other reason is I love the Aerocharger with the variable vein as it has awesome throttle response. The kit is clean and I pull the cord an ride with very little adjustments on my control box. I might have to adjust 1/2 a light on my boost depending on weather. I have also had no issues with my turbos from mountain magic. I also don't know much about the other kits and they probably work great it's a comfort thing as it is for most guys that deal in certain shops.
hope this helps.

Last edited:

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No love for the 3"?
that will probably be a next year project when I put a set of 154 rails in and move my skid back for the attack angle.
not sure how many trips this year as I am away in Cuba January and Florida in March, plus building a new house, gotta keep the wife happy lol

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice!

might as well spend it, nobody wants the wife's new boyfriend jacking up their truck on the money you left behind lol

Redbaronjg

Reaction score
Sled looks sick, just have one question. Why mountain magic? From personal experience and friends experiences, and people I have met, there is not one good thing to be said about them. Just would like to know how your experience has been. Still will never step foot in there again, but just curious.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled looks sick, just have one question. Why mountain magic? From personal experience and friends experiences, and people I have met, there is not one good thing to be said about them. Just would like to know how your experience has been. Still will never step foot in there again, but just curious.

Sorry to hear that about that shop. My experiences have been nothing but positive over my last 4 years. This is just my personal opinion and I am not going to get into a huge debate on here with anyone but in my opinion Ken is probably the most picky guy and mechanic that I have seen that works on 2 strokes and custom builds. He's old school and might be rough and direct to the point but that's his personality. Sometimes that might not be a good thing but when his phone doesn't stop and he trying to wrench on sleds well he would never get anything done. Everyone has their opinions on people and custom shops and dealers. The funny thing is I have been in a lot of shops and guys come in say the same thing about other shops and dealers that they have been in. No shop is perfect and no custom shop can control the quality of the manufactures product as they don't make it but as a shop a lot can be said on how they stand behind their work if something goes wrong. Now if the person that bought or had work done doesn't give them a chance then that is ****ty and the bad talks starts about shops. If the shop doesn't do the right thing by their customer then if was that customer I wouldn't go back either. All I know is when I had issues he looked after me and got me up and running so I could be on the hills and drinking beer in the pub! That's the best part about winter lol
i had a Yamaha build 4 years ago and dealt with E&S and they treated me awesome to.
Well that is my Friday night rant. Hope everyone has a great year and rides safe and drinks lots of beer.
Merry Christmas

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya I forgot to post this picture,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 265

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great looking sled!!! I had a good experience with Mountain Magic too, but that was about a hundred years ago. With them stretching my 2000 RMK 136 to a 151, I am and will always very grateful for the end result.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beautiful sled, just 1 question, why the old style exhaust?? That does not run well in deep snow this is why the change out of the shock tower. This is just what I have been told from aerocharger. It snuffs in deep snow very bad in that location. Just what I was told.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 238

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beautiful sled, just 1 question, why the old style exhaust?? That does not run well in deep snow this is why the change out of the shock tower. This is just what I have been told from aerocharger. It snuffs in deep snow very bad in that location. Just what I was told.
I know the old style did. We think it was because of the box over fuelling it. I have the new sequenchal fire box which will help with the over fuelling. I had it out the side and that worked good but was loud. I am not a fan of the new way cause what happens when your A arm gets stuck in a tree or wedged up through the A arm your gonna be digging around that hot pipe and gloves aren't cheap. I am gonna try this and there has been a few out experimenting with the box and in the deep and haven't had any issues yet. I will let you know after I have it for a ride.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus you got the old style turbo.. The new ones have the exhaust welded to the turbo also This must be a old kit he had laying around. Lots of new differences on the new kits.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus you got the old style turbo.. The new ones have the exhaust welded to the turbo also This must be a old kit he had laying around. Lots of new differences on the new kits.
We custom made the exhaust and cut an welded it so I could have it come out the bottom. I had the same set up as u but made the changes. It's a new kit.

have you you rode yours yet? If so how did it work?

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New electronics use a external map sensor, run much more consistent and cleaner. If you have a solenoid you have to mount that runs to the throttle bodies it's the old electronics. Just telling you this stuff because the new kits run way better than the old kits fuelling wise.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New electronics use a external map sensor, run much more consistent and cleaner. If you have a solenoid you have to mount that runs to the throttle bodies it's the old electronics. Just telling you this stuff because the new kits run way better than the old kits fuelling wise.

Ya so did u get the new control box? The one have is grey in color sequenchal fire. They had some issues with the new boxes at colder temperatures freezing, ironic tested in the summer. Found this out the other day

Top Bottom